This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

from the beginning

Started by mobrep, May 16, 2011 · 0 Replies · 424 Views

mobrep

Coming back from a long hiatus in training.

I took a break from normal life and travelled the Himalaya's in Nepal for a few months. Got a bit acclimated to the low stress of just wondering around, which I would have loved to continue. Once I got back to the states, I fell into a slump via a new job and returning to the rigors of daily life. Needless to say I've settled in, and am on the rebound and have started training once again. Unfortunately the strength progressions I had attained in my core and upper body have pretty much vanished, not to mention I've put on a bit of extra weight since returning home. :shock:

So, I'm starting over from the beginning. This time with the super beginner's FSP! Diet is changing as well. I also attend a fitness kickboxing class 2-4x week for some good HIIT conditioning and train in wing chun 2x week. To make it easy, I'll update this log once a week. Sometime between Saturday and Monday.

Goals: Realistic or not, I just plan to do the best I can. Ashita inspired me with his Super Saiyan levels, so long term those are my goals but I do plan to train for agility, speed and leg power, in addition to the upper body strength requirements. A long way to go, yes, but one foot in front of the other. Maybe one day I'll get there!

Layout: To make it easy I'll post my current SSC here in the main post and then refer back to it each week.

Age,gender: 28 years old, male

Height: 5'11" / 180cm

Weight: 202lbs / 92Kg

Current FSP:

plank - 60s

reverse plank - 60s

hollow hold - 20s

arch hold (superman) - 60s

support hold (XR) - 20s

chinup grip dead hang - 45s

inverted hang - 35s

L-sit tuck - 15s

BL tuck - 14s

FL tuck - 10s

planche frog stand - 20s

Current SSC:

Day1 & Day2 FSP's - plank, reverse plank, hollow hold, arch hold, XR support, chinup grip hang = x60s total

Day1

L-sit tuck = 9x7s

HLL half windshield wipers = 3x3

RLL = 3x3

Deck Squats jumping = 3x3

Day2

Inverted hang = 4x20s

Pushup XR = 3x3

Rows XR elevated = 3x3

V-ups tuck = 3x3

Notes: Since I don't have any pbar's, I'm gonna go ahead and work on XR support in place of the pbar support.

Helpful pointers are always welcome!