Injury from doing Headstand presses

Started by Dillon Kolacz, May 15, 2011 · 1 Replies · 1,817 Views

Dillon Kolacz

Well the good news is I'm not in a huge amount of pain... I was doing headstand presses with 8 text books under my head, and then after I was finished I had a pain in my right upper trapezoidal area. I have no idea how this happened... I thought I could sleep on it and then it would go away, but it is actually worse today than it was yesterday.

What course of action do yall recommend? I still would like to continue doing planche/manna/lever work, but I think it would be a good idea to skip out on handstand stuff until it heals.

Tefached

I've gotten sore in my trapezius as well, from doing different presses to handstand. I'm guessing the reason it's become "worse" is simply because your body is not warm, like the day you worked out.

You can also try some neck stretches http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNgcsyZc2nE

It will probadly only take a few days before your'e completely healed, so you should just give it some time. You can practice pretty much anything, as long as you don't feel too much pain.