Will passive flexibility assist me in the L-sit? It seems like My L-sit could be horizontal if I were more flexible.
I can't even touch my toes ![]()
I try to compensate during my static holds by bringing my hands closer to my buttocks.
Started by Aurelio Paras, May 12, 2011 · 2 Replies · 2,255 Views
Will passive flexibility assist me in the L-sit? It seems like My L-sit could be horizontal if I were more flexible.
I can't even touch my toes ![]()
I try to compensate during my static holds by bringing my hands closer to my buttocks.
If you can't touch your toes, then at least that much flexibility will definitely help.
I really believe (and hope) that extra passive flexibility would help. I, too, have such tight--I don't know, hips, hamstrings, entire lower posterior chain? Whatever--that I cannot quite sit upright with legs out in front while keeping a straight back. But recently, I had decided to set getting a good pike as a goal, so have been slowly, steadily working on a bit of stretching every day for the past few weeks. (I'm trying the one-day-per-week session of dedicated, hard stretching as I seem to recall being prescribed somewhere on the forum, but what I'm doing each day is just regular passive stretches).
Although I am still so far from being able to comfortable sit into a pike, I have already noticed that by the tiny bit of flexibility restored in my hamstrings, it feels like my hamstrings aren't fighting against me so hard when I'm trying to L-sit.
This regular stretching is also starting to make my legs feel a whole lot better!