iron woody bands + rings

Started by Gerald Mangona, May 12, 2011 · 8 Replies · 4,111 Views

Gerald Mangona

Hey all...very excited to have gotten the Iron Woody Resistance bands in the mail. I know how to make a lark's knot and use these for assisted pullups on the bar, but I was hoping to find a way to use them to work a negative muscle-up on the rings. Can anyone tell me how they've connected them?

Thanks, J

Adam Bodestyne

You could try grasping the band in your hands, such that the portion of the band that dangles under you between your hands provides a sort of seat for you to sit on as you descend. Or you could have that part looped (carefully) between your legs, so you don't need to keep a sitting position to keep the band from slipping.

I'm sorry, I'm pretty poor at describing this.

Gregor

You can even stand on it.

Gerald Mangona
thanners said:
You could try grasping the band in your hands, such that the portion of the band that dangles under you between your hands provides a sort of seat for you to sit on as you descend. Or you could have that part looped (carefully) between your legs, so you don't need to keep a sitting position to keep the band from slipping.

I'm sorry, I'm pretty poor at describing this.

Naw I get what you're saying. My questions is how to secure the band to the rings to begin with. Sounds like you're saying the best way to do this is just by holding with my hands. I can do that...if anyone has any other ideas, holler - J

David Beckerman

I do the same for my resistance bands and rings. I just loop the band around the inside of the ring too just for extra security. I found occasionally the band would slip as my false grip moved from below to above the rings.

Gerald Mangona
I just loop the band around the inside of the ring too just for extra security.

Ah. That makes me feel better. Pure genius!

Leandro

Great site Mr Brady!

I do the assisted MU with elastics. It's really really great to work the transition. Just grab the elastic or the bands with the rings like the video Mr. Brady pointed. You can increase the assistance, and do them very lightly to get the movement exactly as it's suposed to be, and go increasing intensity till you get to the point of no assistance. I'm doing them in my warm up every time! It's a good forearm/elbow prehab too I guess.

Ryan Libke

I have used what I call a "third" anchor for securing a band when working with the rings. The other two achors would be where the respective straps for the two rings attach. The third anchor point is inbetween, and I have a carabiner to which I can easily attach (with a step stool) a band of whatever resistance I select. I usually end up standing on the bottom of the loop, say for doing iron cross pulls. I have also used the same anchor and placed the rings low, in order to do assisted ring handstand push-ups. I used two bands: one from the anchor, and another around my shoulders, with the bands looped together.

Also, I have also used "third" and "fourth" anchors to use two bands, which I linked to side clips on a rock climbing belt.