Lats: Pull up vs Front lever tuck?

Started by chingyvang, May 11, 2011 · 1 Replies · 3,105 Views

chingyvang

Which is best for building V shaped lats? Pull ups or front lever tuck?

Now I can do pull ups easily because of my feather weight, I just don't know the routine like how many reps/ sets. While I sucked hard at Front lever tuck. I tried it last year and couldn't even hold it for a second because I hadn't work on my core for ages, and my shoulders took a beating. So which is the better of the two? Cause I wanna start right and not waste my time on things that don't work. Is their a front lever negative or something easier I can work on because I can Not hold a second of front lever tuck

Blairbob

if you can't hold a tuck FL, trying to do pullups in it is just a waste of time.

For now, work possibly either wide arm pullups or weighted pullups or assisted one arm negatives.

Works towards the ability to hold a good L-hang then hanging leg lifts and skin the cats.