This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 110510

Started by Coach Sommer, May 10, 2011 · 11 Replies · 2,231 Views

Coach Sommer

0JHxecGNDxg

Complete four rounds:

2 L-sit press to Tuck PL

7 Germans

2 L-sit press to Tuck PL

5 Russian Dips

2 L-sit press to Tuck PL

3 Hopping HeSPU

Finish with 2x10 Wrist Pushups

notes:

1) Note that for today’s GB WOD, you will be performing 2 L-sit press to Tuck PL on parallets in between each of the assigned FBEs. If you do not have parallets, possible substitutions include dumbbells or pushup bars.

2) To perform the L-sit press to Tuck PL begin with a 3 sec L-sit and then with straight arms press up into a 3 sec Tuck PL, lower down back to the L-sit position to complete the repetition.

3) Rest 30 seconds between exercises and 2-3 minutes between rounds

4) Scale these movements as necessary to allow the correct repetition range to be performed for a given movement

Gustav

Soooo soreeeeee :)

Uzeeh

Wow, I just thought that i'd made that l-sit press to tuck PL up yesterday when I performed it in the WOD, and here it is, just today :shock: It's quite a fun an exercise, as it feels like a nice compression in my core.

WU:

Front lever adv tuck, tried max hold: 34 seconds! So in the next cycle, I'll do 4x17s! Feels really nice :)

Wall slide 2x5

WOD:

2 L-sit press tuck PL

7 clapping pushups, trying to be as explosive as possible (bro commented that my body went really really up)

2 L-sit press tuck PL

5 elevated PPP on floor, pulling my toes up in the bottom

2 L-sit press tuck PL

3 Wall HS hops (not much, but it felt strange)

2x3 wrist pushups, 2x7 on knees

This felt much better than the last dynamic pressing WOD. I didn't exhaust myself too much in the first sets, and I've got a feeling that the movement places were better this time - placing the pushup variation at the beginning, for example, felt much better than doing it in the end of the workout.

Thank you for the WOD, coach! These workouts are really cool, I love it when I constantly improve. Back when I tried to do my own workouts, I felt like I was just wasting my time 'cause nothing happened. With these, you can measure quick progress from WOD to WOD :)

William Reed

This WOD was sweet. Great workout. I haven't tried out any real Planche work before. I just read today that the hips should be inline with the shoulders. Great tip. I figured I'd give them a try today. Gonna try and lean forward more next time.

I was on my second rep of the knee WR pushups, my inner voice said "Too easy Get on your feet". Couldn't belive I was able to do them the regular way. I may have been going to fast. I was stoked though.

WU: Jump Rope

Single Arm Snatches with long Barbell: Bar x3 each arm, 65lb x5, 95lb x5, 105lb x1, 115x1 (Left arm failed at 115lbs).

KPi7R1EO770

Tried out a few Korean Dips. No go. I swear my butt is too big for this one. I'll try to extend my hips and lean fwd more.

Some fun afterwards. New record for me.

O7_XAU1DHRg

Ended w/ 100 Double Unders for time. 52secs

Michael Traynor

Awesome work on the shoulder taps Rudeskin :D strong work!

Decided to film a round of WOD although Dynamic Push day was not the best news straight after my 8km run with hill sprints in the middle, I was tired before I started, this is round 2:

EG-7T_FiD5Y

Notes: Wow! my (already rubbish anyway) tuck planche technique went downhill so quickly in this workout.

Was doing Russian dips on the rings as my wierd German rig was too annoying to try to reset in time every round.

First time i've tried Germans since the seminar and was just getting the feel of the movement on my home made rig type thing, so form is all over the place and legs are tucked.

I did HeSPU Negatives because my HS strength is still woeful.

All in all a awesome fun workout though :D thanks Coach!

Patrick Angelo Sardilli

Good Job guys! Keep it up!

Warmup:

Shoulder & Core Drills

WOD:

Press: 55#(5) - 65#(5) - 80#(3) - 100#(5) - 115#(3) - 125#(1+)

4 Rounds:

2 L-Sit Press to Tuck PL

Rest 30s

7 Clapping Pullups

Rest 30s

2 L-Sit Press to Tuck PL

Rest 30s

5 Russian DIps

Rest 30s

2 L-Sit Press to Tuck PL

Rest 30s

3 Hopping HeSPU

Rest 2-3 mins

Finish with 2 x 10 Wrist Pushups

Videoo... first and last round.

ELOBXBdessM

Mark Wyly

Wow awesome workout. Feel great. No video to critique my form sadly. But great videos posted by rudeskin breaks and spartan. 55 shoulder taps rocked rudeskin!

Thnx for the wod coach. :D

William Reed

Cheers Fellas.

Can't wait to go home and find a real facility to train at. I hear there are a couple of nights of adult Gymnastics classes there in San Diego. It will be great to get some proper technique with someone right there to say "um thats not right do this." And I will say "yes sir or ma'am."

Adam Bodestyne

Warmup

Did the WOD during the 'free time' after my adult gym class, so I felt sufficiently warmed up.

WOD

Four rounds:

2 L-sit press to Tuck PL

7 Straddle-leg Germans on pommel

2 L-sit press to Tuck PL

5 Russian Dips on PB

2 L-sit press to Tuck PL

3 Hopping HeSPU*

Finished with 2x10 Wrist Pushups

* I couldn't quite figure out how best to scale these, since I clearly knew I wouldn't be able to do them as in the video. I needed to come down after each hop due to lack of balance, and each hop fairly small, but hopefully it will still have some benefit. In retrospect I should have tried it up against something, which would have allowed me to try to push through a slightly larger ROM.

I think don't I've tried Germans many times before; I was pleasantly surprised with how I went. I tried to keep my body as straight as possible at the top, but I think I leg my middle sag a little in the last set.

John Sapinoso

H2hG-A9q_Qw

William Reed

Beastly as usual

Eddie Stelling

WU:

2x30s XR support

1x60s reverse plank

Ido's shoulder routine

HS Work for 10 min

FSP:

6x10s tuck PL

6x10s adv. tuck FL

1x25s L-sit (floor)

1x15s straddle BL

(was short on time and still don't quite have my new FSP routine figured out so just wanted to hit what I could)

WOD:

4 rounds:

2 L-sit press to Tuck PL

7 Germans

2 L-sit press to Tuck PL

5 Russian Dips

2 L-sit press to Tuck PL

3 Hopping HeSPU (did these on the wall after the 1st round)