Seperating static and dynamic training?

Started by Chris Hansen, May 8, 2011 · 5 Replies · 2,837 Views

Chris Hansen

What do you think of separating static and dynamic training into different sessions? Like one in the morning and one in the afternoon or doing them on different days?

I don't have enough time to do both in the same workout but I can do maybe static training one day and dynamic training the next or do one in the morning and sometime there's time to do the other in the afternoon.

If you didn't have much time for a workout, but you had that much time everyday, what would be a good way to schedule it?

Thanks.

Joshua Naterman

Nothing wrong with that. Personally I'd do a short static session and a regular dynamic session.

Statics shouldn't take THAT long anyways. 10 minutes should be plenty.

Blairbob

It's what I'd like to do if I could get access to the gym before the college guys come in or work out in the kiddie gym before on shift.

Right now, I'm splitting gymnastics FSP+FBE with basic weightlifting 2 days a week. The other 2 don't have weight lifting and focus a bit more on event work such as apparatus swings and tumbling or vault to go with ring work.

Chris Hansen
slizzardman said:

Statics shouldn't take THAT long anyways. 10 minutes should be plenty.

That's half the workout for me. After 10 minutes of statics, I'd have 5-10 minutes left for the rest of the workout. That might change in the future but right now I'm doing physical therapy first and that takes another 10 minutes.

Cole Dano

Some options would be,

Do the statics another time, you said you could do in the afternoon.

If you are doing PT, you might also play with what goes better with it. It may be the statics work better in the same session as the PT, and dynamic in the afternoon.

If you want to do only one session a day, you could also just pick one static per day and cycle through them all.

Chris Hansen
Mr Brady said:
Some options would be,

Do the statics another time, you said you could do in the afternoon.

If you are doing PT, you might also play with what goes better with it. It may be the statics work better in the same session as the PT, and dynamic in the afternoon.

If you want to do only one session a day, you could also just pick one static per day and cycle through them all.

Those are some good ideas.

I should do the most important stuff in the morning because I know it will get done. Afternoon is kind of iffy depending on when I get home from work and what's going on but I know I'll have 15-20 minutes every morning.