This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 110509

Started by Coach Sommer, May 8, 2011 · 13 Replies · 2,437 Views

Coach Sommer

IwJ80DDIeNE

Complete 3 sets of each:

1 Embedded BL + 6 Tempo Assisted OAC (3 each arm)

1 Embedded PL + 5 Tempo XR Bulgarian HSPU w/ straps

1 Embedded FL + 5 Tempo Body Levers

Finish the workout with 10 Bridge Wall Walks

notes:

1) Warm-up by performing 2-3 easier Chin/HSPU variations prior to beginning your working sets. The variations used should initially begin with one that is quite easy and then get progressively more difficult from warm-up set to warm-up set.

2) NOTE: When scaling always adjust the difficulty of the FBE so that you will be able to maintain the correct tempo, sets and reps as designated in that day’s GB WOD.

3) Choose a body position for the embedded static strength variation that allows you to hold the position for 15 seconds per rep.

4) Rest 10-20 seconds between the embedded static and the subsequent exercise. Rest 1-2 minutes in between giant sets.

5) Use a tempo of 133 for the basic strength sets. For the Assisted OACs, this equates to a 1 second ascent, followed by a 3 second pause at the top, then a 3 second descent. For each set perform 3 repetitions on the right arm and then switch to the left arm for 3 repetitions.

6) If XR Bulgarian HSPU are too difficult, scale down to a more appropriate HSPU variation.

7) Add weight to the ankles as necessary to make the Body Levers sufficiently challenging for the rx’d reps.

8 ) DO NOT skip the Bridge Wall Walks at the end of the Workout.

Uzeeh

WU:

Shoulder dislocates

3x16 chin-ups

3x30 pushups

Handstand work (haven't done this in a week or so, and it's vastly better now :))

WOD:

360 pull to Adv Tuck BL + 5 Assisted OAC (Did this on rings, and used the overlong straps as a rope. It was about 30-40cm lower than the other one.)

Tuck L-sit on parallettes + 4 box HeSPU on parallettes (Doing these in a much better rom will, I think, be much better than doing partial HesPU. Wasn't perfect rom, but almost)

Front pull to adv tuck FL + 4 Tuck PL->tuck L-sit -> straighten the legs somewhat -> back to tuck PL (Don't have a proper place for body lever, too inflexible for HLL and V-up, so I have to improvise! This was rather nice, and hit both lower back and abdominals - which are the targets of body lever, no?)

5+5 Bridge wall walks, going almost to the ground (still frightens me up too much to go full rom)

Nice workout, especially doing the box HesPU felt wonderful and good. Thank you, Coach! :)

Eddie Stelling

So does anyone know if we are still supposed to do our FSPs before these embedded strength WODs as usual? Or do we skip them all together? Or, do we scale them?

I would think we should do our FSP warmup like usual (since its SSC) and just muscle through the WOD. Wasn't sure what everyone else does though, because techincally you will be doing 1 min 45s of FL, BL, and PL static holds. Which is cool with me but just wanted to make sure I am doing this correctly. Thanks!

Animalonfire

How does one embed a body lever?

Uzeeh

Eddie: I've always thought that you should warm up a bit with FSP, but you shouldn't do them for time. Perhaps doing some easier variations and such.

Animalonfire: The actual FBE, as far as I can tell, aren't supposed to be embedded, but the FSP :)

Rikke Olsen
How does one embed a body lever?
Animalonfire: The actual FBE, as far as I can tell, aren't supposed to be embedded, but the FSP

I guess you'd need to embed an exercise if you're unable to perform it ;)

Animal, try tucking your legs. If that's too hard, try lying on your back on the floor and lift your legs. You could elevate the body a little, so there's some room/air between legs and floor.

William Reed

I tried to do 8May11 GymnasticsWod workout and Todays. Not really a good idea.

WU: Jump Rope

5 Sets of:

5 45lb weighted Pullups

10 45lb Dumbell Press

5 Toes to Bar

3 sets of:

1 Embedded Tucked BL + 6 Tempo Assisted OAC (3 each arm), by the third set this was ridiculous

1 Embedded Tucked XR PL + 3 Tempo XR HSPU w/ straps + 2 HSPU

1 Embedded Tucked FL + 2 Tempo Body Levers +3 Negatives

Finished with 10 Bridge wall walks

200m Farmers Walk with Towels holding 100lb Kettlebells- 100m, 1:10min Rest 80m, 20m

Patrick Angelo Sardilli

Took it easy today practiced OACs.

Kenneth Manning

Today's WOD:

3 sets each

Adv tuck front pull to BL (15 sec) + 6 tempo assisted OAC [had to break up last set to 2+1 due to some nice bicep cramps holding the 3 second count at the top]

Adv frog stand (15 sec) + 5 tempo box HSPU

MU-->backward roll-->german hang-->L pull out to adv tuck FL (15 sec) + 5 tempo straddle body levers

10 bridge wall walks

Mark Wyly

Great wod. Arms feel pretty shot now :) no time to post video today but maybe will.add later. Completed all sets as prescribed and looove those oac! Thnx coach. Planche on rings is soooooo challenging!

Adam Bodestyne

Warmup

Joint warmup

Wrist prehab

2 x 30 sec each of (plank, reverse plank, dish, arch, front support, dead-hang chin-up hold)

Handful of chinups and pushups, uncounted.

WOD

3 sets of:

- tucked front pull into 15 sec adv tuck back lever + 6 x tempo band-assisted OAC (with as light extra assistance from the free arm as possible)

- 15 sec band-assisted tuck-planche + 5 x tempo partial ROM HeSPU against wall (getting lower)

- tuck front pull into 15 sec adv tuck front lever + 5 x tempo body levers (some piking in hips was needed to get back up again)

Finished with 7 bridge wall walks, then just held a feet-raised bridge for a while.

I noticed Uzeeh replaced the planche work with an L-sit; I think perhaps I should have done this, too? My L-sit is still not great, and I seem to recall reading one should have a good solid L-sit before moving onto planche work.

Eddie Stelling

WU: Pieces of Ido's shoulder routine

HS work:

- 3 straddle press to HS, 4-5 tuck press/bent leg straddle press to HS, negatives

- about 40' HS walking

- some static holds

FSP: Just warmed up with some adv. tuck FL, german hang, tuck PL holds (not very long)

WOD:

3 sets of each:

MU---L sit---roll to 15s BL (full & straddle) + 6 Tempo Assisted OAC (3 each arm)

15s tuck PL + 5 Tempo XR Bulgarian HSPU w/ straps (3,2)

Front lever pull to 15s FL(straddle & adv. tuck - straddle only lasted a few seconds each round) + 5 Tempo Body Levers

Did my gyms crossfit WOD too that had front squats, HeSPUs, and rope climbs.

3x10 HLL with some hollow rocks in between

Animalonfire
Uzeeh said:
Eddie: I've always thought that you should warm up a bit with FSP, but you shouldn't do them for time. Perhaps doing some easier variations and such.

Animalonfire: The actual FBE, as far as I can tell, aren't supposed to be embedded, but the FSP :)

Thanks, I miss-read that horribly!

Richard Hamilton

So I decided to bite the bullet and start the GB WOD at last! I figured its gonna be way better than anything I can come up with and providing I scale it properly I shouldn't encounter too many injury issues. I've been putting it off for a while as I haven't been able to follow it consistently so here goes!

Warm up - took the dog out for about a mile or so, Ido's shoulder prehab, general stretching, few pull ups and push ups.

WOD - 2 rounds of,

1 Embedded German Hang + 6 Tempo Pull ups (small push with feet)

1 Embedded Frog Stand + 5 Tempo HeSPU Neg

1 Embedded FL tuck + 5 Tempo Pike to Candlestick

I'm going to ache tomorrow, I can tell! A good work out and like nothing I've done before. I thought scaling back I would be able to complete the four rounds but no chance! Roll on tomorrows workout

Rich