I am a beginner to planche exercises and I am just trying to work my way up. I took a short video of myself doing a tuck planche earlier. I was wondering if it was proper form? I am NOT resting my knees on my elbows whatsoever. It may be hard to tell from my angle. I took the video in a dark room on my phone so it is kind of hard to see.
Is this a proper tuck planche?
Started by JoeyMorgan619, May 7, 2011 · 5 Replies · 2,958 Views
Your arms are very slightly bent (the inner part of your elbow should be facing forward), and your hips are just a bit low. Overall it looks pretty good.
Thank you for the reply. I will definitely work on that.
Did you notice how your hips drop rather quickly? You will be better off picking a hip position that is slightly low at first, and holding it perfectly. After a SSC or two with that you will be able to hold a proper hip position without losing height.
If you're losing position you can not hold the position, which means you aren't strong enough and need to take a step or two back. I highly suggest following the prerequisites that have been released so far and spending most of your time on PPP for a while, and lowering your hips slightly so that you can hold a constant position without dropping.
Overall, a great attempt and very good strength! Just don't spend too much time on it right now, your body is clearly not ready yet. I'd say once a week is safe but more than that will do more harm than good. Spend your time on planche leans and PPP for best results right now. Don't try and train planche directly until you have a 20s perfect hold in that tuck position, you will end up hurting.
slizzardman said:Did you notice how your hips drop rather quickly? You will be better off picking a hip position that is slightly low at first, and holding it perfectly. After a SSC or two with that you will be able to hold a proper hip position without losing height.If you're losing position you can not hold the position, which means you aren't strong enough and need to take a step or two back. I highly suggest following the prerequisites that have been released so far and spending most of your time on PPP for a while, and lowering your hips slightly so that you can hold a constant position without dropping.
Overall, a great attempt and very good strength! Just don't spend too much time on it right now, your body is clearly not ready yet. I'd say once a week is safe but more than that will do more harm than good. Spend your time on planche leans and PPP for best results right now. Don't try and train planche directly until you have a 20s perfect hold in that tuck position, you will end up hurting.
I did notice that. I am very new to planche so your advice is very helpful. I will definitely work on it. Thanks for the help ![]()
No problem, just trying to help you avoid the nasty trap I ran into!!!