This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 110506

Started by Coach Sommer, May 6, 2011 · 16 Replies · 2,608 Views

Coach Sommer

Complete the following:

3 sets of MU, L-sit press shoulder stand, 2 XR HSPU, negative Reverse MU down to an inverted hang, 2 slow Negative Front Pulls, 2 slow Negative Back Pulls

5x15 seconds FL

5x15 seconds XR Strap HS

5x15 seconds German Hang

Finish the workout with 2x10 Wall Extensions.

notes:

1) Do not rest during the Ring strength series.

2) Strive to perform the MU with an emphasis on strength; keeping the kipping minimized or preferably eliminated all together. Be especially conscientious in locking your arms and turning out the rings at the top of each repetition

3) Progressions for developing the XR shoulder stand are found in the Basic Ring Strength 3 essay.

4) If the XR HSPU are too difficult, scale down with the most difficult XR dip variation that you are capable of.

5) You may use the feet on the straps to slow your descent during the negative Reverse MU.

6) Use the position of your choice during the negative Front and Back Pulls that allows you to control the descent while still being challenging. The ascent and descent of these elements may both be performed in different positions.

7) Complete all 3 sets of the ring strength series prior to beginning the static hold position sets.

8 ) Rest at least 3-5 minutes between ring strength sets.

9) Perform the static hold sets as a single giant set; perform a set of FL, then move immediately to the XR Strap HS and then move immediately to the German Hang.

Alvaro

Though I´ve been training consistently I haven´t post my WODs, I am beginning a training log and will post more regularly.

Well here comes todays wod.

3X

3 feet supported MU to Lsit (not fully locking arms yet), trying to press to shoulder stand (impossible yet), then kick to shoulder stand and transition to feet inside the bands (for the first time), negative inverted MU, 2 slow front pull to FL and 2 slow pulls to BL, then at the floor 2 limited rom HSPU.

5x15 FL (tuck and playing a bit with higher adv tuck)

5x15 HS (on the ground just freestanding counted so more like 30 sec) then 8 compressions, rings close to the ground trying to bring the rings to my feet, is a way to feel the rings on the HS (I am not able to kick to XR HS yet)

5x15 German hang, very solid and deep by now, next step is trying to come back to inverted hang from that deep.

2x10 wall extensions.

I am feeling the difference from this 3 months of WOD!, even when I have to change dynamic leg days for leg strength due to my ankle tendinitis.

Patrick Angelo Sardilli

I;m eager to see if I can do 2 XR STAP HS on my ring routine today! We shall find out! :mrgreen:

I was able to do 3 on another WOD.

John Sapinoso

ooh I have a fun idea for this WOD, I'll need a spotter though...

William Reed

WU 1000m Row, FSP

3 Sets of Beginner Ring Routine

5x15 of Tucked FL, XR HS, Tucked BL (didn't realize I wrote down GH, frustrating)

Some Grip work w/ Towels and 100lb Kettle bells. (Grip was shot but I figured why not.)

2x10 Wall Ext

FLLvzY8tG2E

Today I tried out an intermittent Fast for 16 hours. Can't wait to get back to the States and find a place where I can hang my rings high enough. Comments are welcome, I know I have a ton of work ahead of me.

Cheers,

Will

Patrick Angelo Sardilli

Warmup:

Shoulder & Core Drills

10 Wrist Pushups

WOD:

3 sets:

- XR Muscle Up

- L-Sit Press Shoulder Stand

- 2 XR Strap HSPU

- Negative Reverse Muscle Up

- 2 Slow Negative Back Pulls

- 2 Slow Negative Front Pulls

Rest 5 mins

5 Rounds:

15s Front Lever

15s XR Strap HS

15s German Hang

Rest 1-2 mins

Finish with 2 x 10 Wall Extensions

pkXt9hsVOaU

John Sapinoso

modified ring sequence...

dCSfhTtQdzg

Patrick Angelo Sardilli
ts00nami said:
modified ring sequence...

dCSfhTtQdzg

solid man awesome! :mrgreen:

Patrick Angelo Sardilli
Rudeskin said:
WU 1000m Row, FSP

3 Sets of Beginner Ring Routine

5x15 of Tucked FL, XR HS, Tucked BL (didn't realize I wrote down GH, frustrating)

Some Grip work w/ Towels and 100lb Kettle bells. (Grip was shot but I figured why not.)

2x10 Wall Ext

FLLvzY8tG2E

Today I tried out an intermittent Fast for 16 hours. Can't wait to get back to the States and find a place where I can hang my rings high enough. Comments are welcome, I know I have a ton of work ahead of me.

Cheers,

Will

NIce Job buddy. You'll be back soon. Keep it up! I know how much it sucks not having space. :mrgreen:

Mark Wyly

Yeah! Finally got my computer up and running and can start posting more frequently. Check out my new garage space for rings :) Sooooo much better then the doorway before haha. :mrgreen:

WOD 3rd set of ring sequence:::

mfh5bcMPlC4

Niels Joergensen

awesome markmark!!

pogo69
markmark said:
WOD 3rd set of ring sequence:::

holy crap...!! :shock: really strong stuff... and ye, that's a great space for ring work

William Reed

Thanks Spartan.

Geez you guys are beasts. Tons of skill and strength.

Eddie Stelling

Awesome work guys! Dissappointed I missed this one.

@ Rudeskin, noticed that your back lever work was palms up. You need to be doing all back lever work with palms down such that you are strengthening your bicep tendon. Look at markmark, ts00nami, or spartan's videos. Good work!

jgonick

Wanted to say thanks to everyone who posted their WOD videos. It sure helps and motivates beginners, like me.

learningtofly
Wanted to say thanks to everyone who posted their WOD videos

+ 1

I'm always looking forward for those, and plan to give something back also, not to show off but because it IS so motivating...

So thanks for the hard WOD athletes ;)

William Reed
Eddie said:

@ Rudeskin, noticed that your back lever work was palms up. You need to be doing all back lever work with palms down such that you are strengthening your bicep tendon. Look at markmark, ts00nami, or spartan's videos. Good work!

Nice catch I didn't even realize I was doing that. Thanks.