A post I found from Slizzardman a while ago that'll be useful in my planning for the next few weeks.
Program Revision: Warmup and PrehabilitationSlizzardman:
Every day(At least every workout day):
Full body mobility
wrist pre-hab (you called this wrist prep) 1 set 10-20 reps
Shoulder pre-hab (all basic shrugs, 1 set, perfect form only; basic scapular isometrics, wall slides(wall extention))
Rice bucket
Hip Extension
General stretching, especially active flexiility. That should be a part of your warm up, and the most important stretches(Pike, straddle pike, and bridge) should be repeated for much longer right after the workout. Of course, that's for maimum improvement. You may not have the time for that. IF time is an issue I'd suggest starting with pike, then when you have a great pike work on straddle pike while maintaining your basic pike. Maintenance is easy. The best way I have found, which is working quite rapidly for me, is to use standing single leg pike stretch followed by weighted pike stretches followed by supine active flexibility. This should take about 15 minutes, and is just for the pike. I have not started working on straddle pike and the only thing I have on my list for that stretch is standing weighted straddle pike. I am sure there's more, but I haven't put thought towards that yet.
Every workout day:
FSP
PB Support
XR support, start following the elbow prep for Iron Cross progression
Planche leans 60s one hold, move hands back slightly every 6-8 weeks. I prefer one hold with fingers back followed by one hold fingers forward, but that is a personal preference designed to build bicep tendon strength and to lengthen the wrist flexors. That's why the order is what it is.
2-3 times per week:
Cuban presses
Bent-knee abducted external rotator work
supraspinatus work
Bridge Wall Walks (You CAN do this more if it is a priority)
Once every 7-12 days (If you look at the WODs, this is how these get spread out):XR handstand time block (10 minutes work time)
Wall Handstand 10 minute time block (Short blocks like 3-5 minutes could be used more often)
HS Wall Runs
*****The above should really happen once a month each, seoarated more or less evenly. If you pay attention to the WODs, that's how they end up being. Don't screw with that, these are all very tough on the shoulder girdle and doing them more often will lead to at least a temporary drop in performance until your body adapts. It takes a LOT of time to build your work capacity to where you could do each of these once a week.*****
I don't know:
Shoulder stands - I DO know that extended time here is extremely good for building the ability to do a full ROM HSPU. You should do isometric holds here first, and then on PB try to stretch here. It is tough, but I can do it for about 45s right now. I am not spending time on much shoulder girdle work until I complete my rehab work. It is going quite well!
There is ankle, knee, shoulder, and elbow prep along with some additional wrist conditioning that you should do once per week too, but you'll have to get to the seminar or wait for Liquid Steel™ to learn that.
I will tell you this for now: One day a week of EXTREMELY HIGH REPS for each joint, I'm talking like 30-100+ reps, will significantly help your tendons and joints. Obviously, you will need very low resistance. For many, bodyweight is enough. That is basic knowledge, so I don't feel bad giving that out. Specific work, well... I can't share what Coach has shared. Still, this is enough to give you a fantastic base!
On the shoulderstand, I'd probaby do both. Don't bother with the static at your sticking point if you can't hold it for 10 seconds at least. Lower down a inch or two and then hold.
You don't need to do a ton of those either, just 2 holds a day 3-4 days a week is plenty, and perhaps too much at first. Just make sure you abandon ship safely as soon as you lose position, even if it's by 1 cm. If you start doing slow negatives you'll be doing a ton of damage and will need a lot of recovery. True isometrics done properly require almost no recovery.
External rotators: Sit on the ground, right leg in front of you. Put your right elbow on your right knee, so that your elbow is 2-3 inches lower than the center of your shoulder. Now take 4 seconds to go down as far as possible, and then raise up a bit faster, around 2 seconds to lift all the way to vertical. Repeat for reps! You want to be doing at least 5-6 reps per set here, and stay with the same weight until you can do 8 reps. Go up by percentages, not more than 5% at any one time. Make sure you can repeat the performance for a few workouts before you up the weight. Rotators benefit from strength work but they seem to benefit the most from a cautious approach. There really isn't any maximum limit here, though practically speaking you'll probably never go past 40 lbs.
Posture is super important! The scapula should be retracted and depressed for the entire movement. There will probably be some slight movement at the bottom, but not much.
I believe liquid steel™ is the lext book to come out, but I don't know that for sure. We'll know when it's announced!