GSP Giving Credit To Gymnastics must see!!

Started by adrianc714, May 3, 2011 · 11 Replies · 3,256 Views

adrianc714

6-Wx7Ma-xOk

Quick Start Test Smith

That's great. And so true!

Rafael David

Very very nice see it... :D

Michael Traynor

YES!

Animalonfire

Poliquin thinks the best sport for transfer to everything is the pole vault. Otherwise Razz would have won a Poliquin goodie bag!I can't find the link for Poliquins post, but I'm with GSP on this one until I'm persuaded otherwise.

Razz
Animalonfire said:
Poliquin thinks the best sport for transfer to everything is the pole vault. Otherwise Razz would have won a Poliquin goodie bag!I can't find the link for Poliquins post, but I'm with GSP on this one until I'm persuaded otherwise.

Yeah damn I really hoped I won that contest :( Well...maybe next time :mrgreen:

I'm with Poliquin though, gymnasts would not do well in many other things because of their lack of absolute strength and leg strength in general. Gymnasts would own most weight class sports though.

Animalonfire

Decathalon (for simplicity)

100 metres- Pole Vault, as gymnast only sprints whilst vaulting

Long jump- Not sure about rebound/jump mechanics (someone can fill this in)

Shot put- Gymnast

High jump- see long jump

400 metres- Gymnasts, vaulters go for about 10 seconds

Day 2

110 metres hurdles- Pole vaulter

Discus throw- Gymnast (more power)

Pole vault- Pole vaulter :wink:

Javelin throw- Gymnast (more power)

1500 metres- gymnasts

The gymnast has more work capacity also

Of course this is all based on my assumption and is not without some bias, but I just can't see one set of moves for pole vaulting being better than all of gymnastics. That's before even factoring in strength.

I'd love to see the experiment happen

Rafael David

I'm not specialist, but i think like GPS, NO ONE athlete can replicate what a gymnast can do, but to a gymnast is MORE EASY replicate what others athletes do... The gymnastic training give a good base to any other sport...

Animalonfire

I'm emailing the BBC to see if they like the idea :)

Alvaro

Mith busters maybe? :mrgreen:

Rafael David
Animalonfire said:
I'm emailing the BBC to see if they like the idea :)

Good idea... :)

Joseff Lea

They did something similar a while ago now where they compared the fitness levels of Linford Christie (I think, it was a 100m sprinter) against a professional dancer (some I know actually). Now I think the sprinter was a bit older, the dancer was in his early twenties but the sprinter got absolutely trounced in ever category apart from speed. Would be very interesting if the did more comparisons like that.