Pain in collar bone/clavicle after Bulgarian dips

Started by quad6, May 3, 2011 · 5 Replies · 4,419 Views

quad6

I get a short sharp pain when I get down from Bulgarian dips, basically just when i release and jump down - it only lasts a sec or two but it's very sharp.

I searched the forum and found this could be because I'm not prepared or am over extending

However, I don't get the pain when doing ring support, can do 10 dips on the parallel bars without pain and I don't go right down with the Bulgarians yet anyway.

Any thoughts, should I just continue or swith to pb dips only for a while ?

Could I do them assisted (feet on ground) to build up strength?

Ortprod

Shoulder imbalance; your shoulders are probable not in a strong position. Lower trap exercise post on this board would be good for you to look into. Google "trap 3", "flat powell raise", and "scapula retraction exercise".

quad6

Thanks.

It's weird, I alternate between playground rings at the park and XR rings at home. The pain is more when I use the XR rings. I wonder if it's something to do with the size of the rings/height vs the ones at the park.

Anyway, I guess I should stop doing them for now. A shame because they are my absolute favourite exercise.

I'll work on those exercises you've mentioned, perhaps several sets every second day? after my statics or something like that?

Coach Sommer

This is due to one of three issues or possibly a combination of the three:

1) You are not yet strong enough to be training XR Bulgarian Dips. You may want to perform Bulgarian Dips on the parallel bars instead to establish an adequate base.

2) You are performing XR Bulgarian Dips too often and thereby allowing your body insufficient recovery.

3) You are exceeding the limits of your current ROM.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Felipe

Dear coach,

we need your joint preparation program.

People's shoulder (mine included) are falling!

Please help us address these problems ASAP :D

quad6

Thanks Coach.