Straps pipe

Started by workinprogress, April 29, 2011 · 2 Replies · 2,305 Views

workinprogress

Hello everybody, I'm out with another question regarding the equipment. Was wondering if you have any good solution for an easily dismountable tube for the straps on the high bar. We've always been using those plastic pipes for electricians, cut length-wise, but you know how painful it is to put it on and take it off the bar, in fact it is always there...

Thanks!

Coach Sommer

My recommendation is to forego the tube altogether as it prevents the athlete from learning to properly adjust the wrists during swinging elements. I have found that using gloves in place of the tube is both far more effective as well as more convenient.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

workinprogress

You're right, in fact I use gloves with the boys. The problem is that girls have straps routines in local competitions, and that's in our federal program, so we (their instructors)can't really forego the tube for them.

I was thinking of a way to attach and untie two half pipes on a bar...