Trapeze Rigging - portable solution for pullups and basics?

Started by quad6, April 29, 2011 · 5 Replies · 5,323 Views

quad6

I've been looking for a freestanding pullup bar for a while. Ideally something I can travel with and hang my rings from too, at least for some basic dips and back/front lever tuck work. Perhaps it's asking too much though.

Portable means lightweight/compact and that generally means unstable.

I found this:

http://www.trapezerigging.com/FreeStand ... PullupBar/

It seems a bit wobbly but apparently if you get an extra top bar attachment and place it at the bottom, it makes the whole thing more solid.

Anyone here had experience with it?

Cole Dano

I don't personally have experience, but i've heard its a good set up, the lower bar is recommended.

The only issue i see is its not very high off the ground, may make ring use problematic.

LaughingTiger

This looks interesting! It's true that it's not ideal for all ring work. However, shouldn't be any worse than hanging the rings off of a doorway pull-up bar.

quad6

Yeah. If I can at least do ring dips then that's enough. Might not be able to go bulgarian style considering it's only 100cm or 40" wide - I'll have to wait and see. But I think it might be a good setup for when I don't have access to the park or a proper set of rings.. and for travel.

quad6

Well, I got it and am happy with it.

No it's not perfect and it wobbles a bit but it lets me do way more than a doorway pullup bar and is completely portable and freestanding. I guess because I'm a beginner also and can only do basic stuff anyway, it suffices :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvPjc2_Rkd8

Erich Lin

i actually used the dip bar attachment as the very top . this way i can take my rings on and off anytime and bring it to a park, etc.