Ring strength progress

Started by FritsMB Mansvelt Beck, April 28, 2011 · 7 Replies · 2,520 Views

FritsMB Mansvelt Beck

Right now, I am trying to go where my progression in ring strength is pointing while focusing on getting my shoulder and arm strength more balanced (especially pushing strength). The real breakthrough for me was to get the MU transition under control. With that I have now managed to progress to being able to do series of three times L-sit > shoulder stand > forward roll + MU > L-sit. Here is a clip (sorry, I forgot how to embed the clip):

o_D44uor9aw

I found that my shoulder stand practice has given me enough strength, balance and coordination on parallets to now slowly go from a pseudo planche into a shoulder stand and back, two or three times in a row. The goal is to do that on rings; once there, I will post a video. I can do it, but it looks too desperate; so more practice. I still use a lot of elbow support in the pseudo planche (hence the name pseudo planche?). I expect that I will gradually get stronger and slowly get to a bent-arm planche, this way. Having experimented a bit, I already now that there is a world of difference between a bent arm planche and a real planche, but we will see what happens next. Anyway, my upper arms and shoulders get a really good workout this way. Any comments are welcome.

Alvaro

It looks great to me!

edited: grammar.

pd. Hey Fritz you stole my embedding! :D

re edited: I realize it was Mr. Brady LOL.

Cole Dano

That really looks great!

I hope you can make it out to Mallorca if it happens this year, show this youngster a thing or two.

FritsMB Mansvelt Beck

Thanks, omegant and mr. Brady. I am having fun, while feeling very good about it. What more can you ask for. Showing a thing or two? Well, if the ring straps are short enough and I can get some help of the ceiling, who knows. Yes, I would like to come to Majorca this year, so I hope it will happen again in the fall. I should read up about it in the designated thread.

Joshua Naterman

Frits, you look younger!

Great work, by the way. I am impressed with your control!

FritsMB Mansvelt Beck

Hi Sliz. Springtime has arrived very early here in Holland, hence the rejuvenized looks. I spent a lot of time learning how to control these moves. My ligaments have told me they don’t like shock loads. Thanks for the comments

Guest

Great work, Frits :) inspiring as always.

PS I haven't forgotten about our plans to meet up and train together, but things have been hectic with my new job and other things. I haven't actually been able to really work out for a long time. But I do want to go to Mallorca as well and I will prepare myself for it. So I look forward to do some stuff together before the Seminar takes place :D

FritsMB Mansvelt Beck

Biomieg. That sounds good. Just give me a call when you have time. I will be away most of this month, but I don't have big plans for the summer. Look forward to meeting you. Take care.