This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 110428

Started by Coach Sommer, April 28, 2011 · 13 Replies · 2,229 Views

Coach Sommer

Complete 3 sets of each:

1 Embedded XR L-sit + 5 Tempo Under-grip Korean Dips

1 Embedded BL + 5 Tempo Back Lever Curls

1 Embedded FL + 6 Tempo Single Leg HLL

Finish the workout with 10 Bridge Wall Walks

notes:

1) Warm-up by performing 2-3 easier Curl/Dip variations prior to beginning your working sets. The variations used should initially begin with one that is quite easy and then get progressively more difficult from warm-up set to warm-up set.

2) Choose a body position for the embedded static strength variation that allows you to hold the position for 15 seconds per rep.

3) Rest 10-20 seconds between the embedded static and the subsequent exercise. Rest 1-2 minutes in between giant sets.

4) Use a tempo of 212 for the basic strength sets.

5) Add weight as necessary to the any of the exercises to make them very challenging for the five repetitions.

6) You may scale the workout as necessary by substituting another exercise from the same movement family as necessary.

7) DO NOT skip the Bridge Wall Walks at the end of the Workout.

Adriano Katkic

What can I sub back lever curls for? These are definitely out of my league.

Quick Start Test Smith

I replaced the back lever curls with single leg DL's...

Joshua Naterman

You could try having your feet on the ground and your body at an angle, like an easy "Pelican" variation.

Gustav
Adriano said:
What can I sub back lever curls for? These are definitely out of my league.

I did Reverse Yewkis :)

Adriano Katkic
slizzardman said:
You could try having your feet on the ground

Thanks for pointing out the obvious. I can't understand how I didn't think of that myself.

OT: I like the way this particular movement feels. Can't wait to be strong enough to do it unassisted!

Adam Bodestyne
Coach Sommer said:
Complete 3 sets of each:

3) Rest 10-20 seconds between the embedded static and the subsequent exercise. Rest 1-2 minutes in between giant sets.

Please forgive my ignorance. For this workout, does the 'giant set' mean the combined embedded static + next exercise? Or does one 'giant set' mean XR l-sit + korean dip + BL + Curl + FL + single leg HLL?

Do I complete all three sets of my L-sits+korean dips before I even move onto the BL?

I feel like I'd worked this out before, but today for some reason I looked at it and thought "wait, what do I do?"

Thanks in advance (c:

James Portillo
slizzardman said:
You could try having your feet on the ground and your body at an angle, like an easy "Pelican" variation.

So for clarification, is this like doing curls also in a foot assisted german hang position?

William Reed
thanners said:
Coach Sommer said:
Complete 3 sets of each:

3) Rest 10-20 seconds between the embedded static and the subsequent exercise. Rest 1-2 minutes in between giant sets.

Please forgive my ignorance. For this workout, does the 'giant set' mean the combined embedded static + next exercise? Or does one 'giant set' mean XR l-sit + korean dip + BL + Curl + FL + single leg HLL?

Do I complete all three sets of my L-sits+korean dips before I even move onto the BL?

I feel like I'd worked this out before, but today for some reason I looked at it and thought "wait, what do I do?"

Thanks in advance (c:

L-sit Rest 10-20 sec, korean dips Rest 10-20 sec, BL Rest 10-20, Curl Rest 10-20, Fl Rest 10-20, SL HLL Rest 1-2 mins.

3 Sets of this.

99% certain this is the way to do it. Well this is how I do them when the coach calls for Giant sets.

Bench Press 135x10, 185x5, 205x5, 205x5

Complete 3 sets of each:

1 Embedded XR L-sit + 5 Tempo Bul Dips- 5,4 and 1 Reg, 3 and 2 Reg

1 Embedded Tucked BL + 3Tempo Neutral Curl Ups on XR- 80lbs,60, 60

1 Embedded Tucked FL + 6 Tempo Single Leg HLL

Forgot about the Bridge wall walks. Shame too because I dig those.

I tried the Under Grip Korean Dips on the Rings before the intial sets, I could only knock out a few. Tough movement.

Static HS work/Neg Tiger bends

105m good form (feet together) HS walk 14,14,14,14,35

Single Arm Snatches- 1 each arm, 70lbs, 80, 90, 100, 110 Medium sized Bar.

Rafael David
Coach Sommer said:

1) Warm-up by performing 2-3 easier Curl/Dip variations prior to beginning your working sets. The variations used should initially begin with one that is quite easy and then get progressively more difficult from warm-up set to warm-up set.

How many reps should be from the harder to the easier? Something like a pyramid? I always have this doubt... :|

Joshua Naterman
JamesP said:
slizzardman said:
You could try having your feet on the ground and your body at an angle, like an easy "Pelican" variation.

So for clarification, is this like doing curls also in a foot assisted german hang position?

Yes, sort of. It's like you're standing in a partial german hang and lowering down to a leaning back lever with feet on the ground, and then curling back up. You can adjust the angle to the difficulty you require.

Patrick Angelo Sardilli

bU1Sj-R0CkI

Squatchy
thanners said:
Coach Sommer said:
Complete 3 sets of each:

3) Rest 10-20 seconds between the embedded static and the subsequent exercise. Rest 1-2 minutes in between giant sets.

Please forgive my ignorance. For this workout, does the 'giant set' mean the combined embedded static + next exercise? Or does one 'giant set' mean XR l-sit + korean dip + BL + Curl + FL + single leg HLL?

Do I complete all three sets of my L-sits+korean dips before I even move onto the BL?

I feel like I'd worked this out before, but today for some reason I looked at it and thought "wait, what do I do?"

Thanks in advance (c:

I usually always do 3 sets of the first pair, then 3 sets of the 2nd pair, etc. I take it as a pairing of a static and a strength exercise is a giant set. I have done them before where I would do a set of the first pair, rest, set of the second pair, rest, set of third pair, rest, then repeat, just to switch things up for the heck of it.

I did

3sets (20s rest in between static and strength, 2 mins after each set)

rowing MU to XR L-sit + 5 tempo under grip korean dips on rings (or close as I could, leaned forward dips with as much under grip as I could manage)

3 sets

back pull to BL (mostly half lay) + 5 tempo inverted chinups

3 sets

front pull, lower to FL (mostly half lay, some adv flat tuck) + 6 tempo HLL (half, then as high as I could tucked after I hit the L position)

finished with

10 bridge wall walks

then did 10 single leg squats each leg with 20lb db

thenail01

Any thoughts on whether tuck and straddle progressions vs. full front lever with bands vs. both is more beneficial for developing the front lever?