This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 110425

Started by Coach Sommer, April 25, 2011 · 9 Replies · 2,502 Views

Coach Sommer

K7DaRCQh0lY

Complete four rounds:

2 Cast Wall Walks

3 XR HSPU

2 Cast Wall Walks

5 XR Dips to L-sit

2 Cast Wall Walks

7 Triple Clap Pushups

Finish with 2x10 Wrist Pushups

notes:

1) Note that for today’s GB WOD, perform 2 Cast Wall Walks in between each of the assigned FBEs.

2) If 2 Cast Wall Walks are too easy, you may increase the number of repetitions up to 4 OR you may also substitute the most challenging STRAIGHT-ARM Press HS variation that you are capable of performing for 2 repetitions.

3) During the XR HSPU be conscientious in completely locking the elbows and turning the rings out at the top of each repetition.

4) XR Dips to L-sit are done by performing a regular XR Dip with the legs hanging down and then simply adding an L-sit at the top of each dip. Be sure to lock and extend the elbows properly during the XR L-sit portion of the dips.

5) Triple Clap Pushups are performed by exploding up off of the ground and clapping once in front of the chest, then once behind the back and finally once more in front of the chest. ALL CLAPS SHOULD BE COMPLETED PRIOR TO LANDING.

6) If you are unable to complete a Triple Clap Pushup, adjust your repetitions upwards as follows: 12 repetitions for Double Clap Pushups (one clap forward & one clap behind; your choice of order) or 15 repetitions for Single Clap Pushups. These adjusted repetitions are to be completed per round.

7) Rest 30 seconds between exercises and 2-3 minutes between rounds.

8 ) Scale the movements as necessary to allow the correct repetition range to be performed for a given movement.

Quick Start Test Smith

Oh boy. Extra stuff today. :D

Reece Nugent

Wow, This wod looks soo fun! Cant wait :D

I doubt i will be able to do 15 clapping pushups at the end. Do i do as many as i can single clapping(normal pushups) then scale to my knees for the rest? Eg. 7 full then 8 single clap knee Pushup.

Or should i just start out on my knees and do 15? Whats the preffered way?

Thanks :)

Uzeeh

Haven't seen a WOD like this before :D

WU:

Front lever flat tuck 5x12s

L-sit tuck on floor 5x7s

High kicks

WOD:

4x

2/1 cast wall walks (2 on the first round, 1 on the others)

3 stomach to wall HeSPU with head almost touching the ground

2/1 CWW

4 XR dips (I think I'm leaning too far forward here, but I don't have enough strength to do it with no leaning)

2/1 CWW

7 + 7 clapping pushups (7 on feet, 7 on knees :oops: )

1x10 wrist pushups on knees

My strength endurance was horrid when I started, and it isn't that good now, either. At least I could do those CWW slowly, but my HeSPU has stalled quite a bit. Maybe I should try parallette HSPU with legs on a box next time. The dips were easier than before and felt great. For some reason, the clapping pushups were incredibly tough, and on the last two rounds I couldn't do them properly even on knees...

Either way, thanks for the WOD! I hope there's a ring strength WOD tomorrow :)

Adam Bodestyne

Oooh. I like things being mixed up a bit. (c:

WU:

joint warm up

wrist routine

60 sec plank

60 sec reverse plank

60 sec dish

2x30 sec arch

60 sec ring support hold

60 sec chin-up grip dead hang hold

WOD:

4 rounds:

2 x CWW

3 x partial ROM HeSPU against wall (last round were HeSPU negatives--I couldn't push back up anymore)

2 x CWW

5 x ring dip with L-sit (legs below horizontal)

2 x CWW

15 x clapping pushups

Finished with 2 x 10 wrist pushups on knees, slightly piked.

The last round felt pretty brutal. The cast wall walks felt like they were wrecking me. Felt great to have actually finished the WOD though. (c:

William Reed

WVmuFYRfuA8

2nd Round + last set of scaled wrist push ups+ yesterdays highest box Jump (not perfect form but it's pretty high for me.)

Back feeling tight from Deadlifts and High box jumps yesterday. First time I tried DL's in years.

WU 135x8, 5 Reps of 225, 275, 315, 335 then I got tired on my last set so I did 1 Rep of 355, 335 instead.

Jump Rope

Wrist Routine

Tough workout

I thought the HSPUs were 5 reps. I elevated them instead of using my rings.

After the 2nd round I saw I was spreading my legs apart a bit and I was too wide in the shoulders w/ the wall walks, sorted that out for the last 2 rounds.

False Grip Rows/V-ups 4 sets of 10.

Yesterday I received a new jump rope so I'm trying to figure out the speed difference, it's a cable rope.

Ended with 2 sets of 100 Double Unders for time 58secs, 57 secs.

Squatchy

Nice, new stuff! :D

This should be fun, just gonna have to take it easy with clap pushups as my wrist is still a little injured.

Rudeskin said:

Can someone tell me how to embed a video?

When making a post theres buttons on top, on the furthest right is a YouTube button. You can paste your link, then highlight it and click the button, or click the button and paste the link in between.

Kenneth Manning

Tough one today, but was a lot of fun...

4 rounds

cww x 2

HeSPU partials (head to 4" block) x 3,3,3,3

cww x 2

XR dip to L sit x 5,5,5 (last 3 to tuck),5

cww x 2

15 single clap pushups elevated (hands to cinderblocks) x 15,15,(10+5), (9+6)

2x10 wrist pushups

Patrick Angelo Sardilli

I stuck too 2 Cast Wall Walks to keep good form next time I'll do 4; 2 was too easy. HS Pushups on Rings getting easier! I need to practice with feet inside straps.

SIAB3G0Ct-w