GHR/NLC Help

Started by Alexander Svensson, April 23, 2011 · 2 Replies · 2,019 Views

Alexander Svensson

okey guys I really need help here, in over a year I have seen zero progress in the hamstring curl, and I think the main reason is I cannot figure out how to properly position my legs. I do them on a sit-up bench and it's setup is similar to the lat pulldown machine. now, should my kneecaps be supported on the padded plates or should only the shins have contact with the kneecaps in the air? if I do them with kneecaps supported I feel more stable and stronger but there's a lot of pressure on the kneecaps, no pain though. but doing them the other way I fell like I'm slipping.

any thoughts anyone?

Cole Dano

I'm not sure i'm getting the whole picture but it sounds like the pads are a little too narrow to do the job comfortably.

You might first just scout around and see if there are any other ways you can do them.

Also it might just be you need to find a way to scale the movement, i've used hanging bands successfully. This alone will take a great deal of the perceived pressure away.

Alexander Svensson

Yes the pads are a little to small than what I would like them do be. Do you think the pressure on the kneecaps can damage them? If so I might just have to find another way to do them or use assisting bands as you suggested. Thanks for the reply.