This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 110422

Started by Coach Sommer, April 22, 2011 · 6 Replies · 2,070 Views

Coach Sommer

K7DaRCQh0lY

Perform:

1x10 Cast Wall Walks

1x5 Pike Box Press HS

1x10 Straddle Box Press HS

10 minutes of HS Wall Runs

Finish with 2x10 Wrist Pushups

notes:

1) Rest 1-2 minutes between Press HS sets.

2) If Cast Wall Walks are insufficiently challenging, you may perform PL Wall Walks instead. The key difference between these two variations is that the hands will remain behind the shoulders at all times during the descent and ascent of the PL Walks, whereas in the Cast Wall Walks the hands are directly under the shoulders.

3) Remember to adjust the height as necessary during the Box Press HS variations to ensure that the presses are sufficiently challenging.

4) If you cannot press to HS, then press to HeS.

5) If you are strong enough, replace the Box Press HS variations with Press HS from an L-sit on parallets or PBs.

6) If you exceptionally strong, perform the Press HS variations on the XR.

7) Rest 3-5 minutes

8 ) Spend 10 minutes performing HS Wall runs. Time spent resting does not count toward the 10 minute total. Strive to perform the 10 minutes of HS Wall Runs in as few sets as possible.

9) Rest as necessary, but strive to keep rest periods to an absolute minimum. Unless you are already extremely well conditioned gymnastically, this should be a very challenging workout.

10) You may increase the intensity of the HS Wall Runs by lifting a straight arm up to the hips during each step rather than merely touching the shoulder.

Josh Schmitter

Wrist routine(minus wrist pushups)

Ido's Shoulder/Scap. routines.

FSP Warmup

1x8 Cast Wall Walk(5,3...full ROM, hands not under shoulders)

1x5 Pike Press HeS

1x10 Straddle Press HeS

10 min of wall runs/HS(Broke this up doing 30s work, 60s rest. Did 10 sets, rested about 3-5 min, then repeated. A little less than halfway through I alternated 1 set straight HS against wall with 1 set Wall Runs. Probably averaged about 20 touches by the end.

2x10 Wrist Push ups on knees

Question about the Cast Wall Walks...I am not really making any progress with these. I moved to full ROM a bit ago, but these just wipe me out making the rest of the WO that much more labored. Is there a sub that I missed along the way that anyone suggested, or should I just keep on trucking, going back to partial ROM?

Uzeeh

I really enjoyed this. Even learnt the HS wall runs :D

WU:

L-sit Tuck 4x15s

Front Lever adv tuck 5x12s

Foam rolling my armpit region with a tennisball

4x12 Shoulder dislocates

WOD:

3x2 Cast wall walks (I'm begining to become a bit better at these, felt a lot stronger and it wasn't as taxing as before)

1x5 Pike Press HeS (These felt good, too. Learnt them just a while ago and already they're easy :))

1x10 Straddle Press HeS

About 10 sets of HS wall runs (These are so much fun now that I finally got them right! They are very cool in that they motivate you to try hard when you can count the steps in them)

2x10 Wrist pushups on knees with no pike on hips

I love these WODs. So fun to do, fast progress, not too much sets and not too fatigued. A great way to begin easter holidays. Thank you, Coach!

Patrick Angelo Sardilli

Deadlift: 135#(5) - 165#(5) - 195#(3) - 215#(5) - 250#(5) - 285#(5+)

1 x 10 Cast Wall Walks

Rest 2 mins

1 x 10 Pike Box Press HS (46")

Rest 2 mins

1 x 5 Straddle Box Press HS (30")

Rest 5 mins

3 min HS Wall Runs (1 min on, 30s off)

Finish with 2 x 10 Wrist Pushups

NkQNHRZdFJk

William Reed

Question about the pike and straddle box press to HS. I did the WOD yesterday. Very tough for me. I found that I need to go pretty high with the boxes to get this accomplished. . And I realize now that I was not leaning fwd enough when I was doing these.

Today, I noticed on the Drills and skills website that one of the progressions is to be leaning against the wall for the press to HS. Now on the drills and skills website it's not a box press, http://www.drillsandskills.com/article/16. I was doing my box press to HS without leaning against the wall. So my question is am I suppose to be doing these without touching my back to the wall or touching it?

If that doesn't help. What can I do accompanying this movement to get stronger in this area. Arch ups, RLLs, deadlifts maybe? Is it mostly lower back strength?

Thanks for any help

Patrick Angelo Sardilli

I use to do it leaning on the wall.. someone a while back corrected my technique by telling me not to lean against wall with my hips. I forgot why.

William Reed

Word