Elbow and Wrist Pain

Started by Banzas, April 20, 2011 · 5 Replies · 3,992 Views

Banzas

Hello! :)

I'm here to ask for your help because I have 2 problems:

1- When I do backlevers with pull-up grip, my right wrist hurts, don't really know how to describe the pain, but I can't handle that position right now because I'm afraid of a serious injury. With chin-up grip the wrist doesn't hurt.

2- When I do this shoulder stretch, my left elbow hurts, not very painful but it's not confortable at all... (it's not me in the picture)

shoulder_stretch.png

Thanks in advance for your help :)

Tarun Suri

How's your german hangs? Can you do 3x60s, chinup grip, in a deep stretch? If not, you should focus on that before jumping on the back lever.

Banzas

I never went for a 60s german hang with pull-up/chin-up grip... and if you see in my youtube video, I was already doing some back levers (4/5s ?)... while doing german hangs with pull up grip now it hurts my wrist. I'll try with the chin up grip. Or should I rest the wrist?

Blairbob

German Hangs should be supinated. Sounds like a wrist flexibility issue.

Pain in the elbow during floor german hang or rearward shoulder extension just means the elbow is a bit weak. Get some bent-arm strength in. You also might want to do that stretch with bent arms to alleviate the pressure on the elbow and focus on the shoulder being stretched.

Banzas

Hi again! My wrist issues are gone but my elbow problem remains a little.

I don't think it's tendinitis, yet, and I don't really want to go that way. It doesn't hurt when I do, maybe because I'm too focus on the movement, but a little bit after, I feel a little pain, not to much, but I don't like it.

I've found stuff about tennis, golf elbow, etc, and mostly, they say rest and ice.

What do you think? Ice for a couple days and then rest until I'm feeling good?

I also would apreciate if anyone could tell me some exercises for me elbow to become stronger.

Thanks in advance!

Banzas

Banzas

I don't know if someone is still interested about this topic but I think my elbow issues are finally gone.

How? In the beginning I did some bicep curls with 2-3kg each arm, about 15 slow reps stopping at 90º on the eccentric (physical therapist idea). Some months later, I was a little bit better but it wasn't enough so I though that making some hypertrophy training (increasing weight and doing less reps per set) would protect my elbow.

Results: I usually had pain from doing nothing and now I don't. The only issue is when doing that stretch on the first post it still hurts a little bit because of the hyperextension, besides that I think I'm fine, finally! No pain doing planche lean training, L-sits... When my shoulder is 100% I'll try some german hands/back lever tucks and front levers tucks also.

Thanks for the help,

Nuno