What's up fellas!?! I know that this has come up before, but I couldn't find the old thread where it was at. Anyways, I know that small breaths when holding your static positions is what you shoot for, and this works great for positions that I already have nailed. For instance, I can hold a full lay BL for >15s and breathe quite nicely when doing it. But, I am finding that holding my breath on certain positions that I have been struggling with really helps me to nail that position. The tuck PL and the Fl particularly.
Yesterday I experimented with one leg extended FL. After a few seconds I started to drop a bit so I sucked in air real hard tightening the core even more and got more hold time. Also when lowering from a hang I tried it both ways and when I took a deep breath in and held it right as I reached parallel I could hold it, but when I let it out I dropped a bit. When I didn't take the breath I could barely stop my body from going straight to a hang. This also happens with my tuck PL. Hips are high and everything is tight and then when I let my air out it immidiately drops a bit. When I am fresh I can catch it and keep the hips fairly level but not after a few sets. I have seen alot of videos where it looks like people are holding their breath when in the planche.
Question: Should I hold my breath when trying to learn a new progression and increase strength? Therefore treating the breathing as something to "practice/implement" when I am strong enough too?