Joint Prehab Volume and Intensity

Started by Gerald Mangona, April 19, 2011 · 1 Replies · 2,078 Views

Gerald Mangona

Blairbob said in another thread...

the best injury prevention for the elbow is to just watch volume and intensity.

In waiting for the last remnants of by tennis elbow to clear out of my left elbow, I've been doing prehab on my right arm. One thing I've noticed is that 4x per week for elbow, wrist, and forearm conditioning has me getting to the next workout day while my joints are still a just little bit sore.

So first things first, I'm moving down to a 3x per week workout schedule. I really want to get back into this slowly. Next thing is that I'm thinking about alternating prehab sessions so that after my FSP work I'm doing wrist/forearm at one workout, inner/outer elbow at the next workout, back to wrist/forearm work next workout, inner/outer elbow next workout, etc.

And I will do the exercises on a 12-week SSC, so that no increase in volume or intensity takes place until a long underload period. I don't think 6-8 weeks was enough.

Thoughts?

J

Leandro

Hey JmanDetroit!

Thanks for all your tips! I'm nearly recovered and going back to regular training slowly!

I found a good site with tips for massage:

http://medicalmassage-ceu.com/self_less ... wrist.html.

Check it out maybe you can use something...

Your injury is probably greater than mine, I never did the rehab more than 2x a week and got a lot better. Along with stretches and rehab, I did a lot of massage and heat.

Good luck with your recovery!