Hi everyone! This is my first post on the forum, but I have been doing the WOD regularly for about 5 months now and have seen excellent results. My problem, however, is that I think my bad posture and lack of flexibility are making many of the movements far more difficult than they should be, stalling my progress and even causing some minor pain in my hips and back.
I have known that my posture is bad for some time now and have tried many different corrective exercises and stretches, but have see little improvement. I still have a strong anterior pelvic tilt that just wont go away, despite the stretching and strengthening exercises I have been doing. I know that some of the members of the forum, most notably Slizzardman, study some form of exercise science or a related subject, and I would love to be able to get some input on this matter. Primarily, I am interested in having a body that functions optimally for years to come and not just gaining strength that leads ultimately to the breakdown of my body.
I am essentially looking for a comprehensive stretching and strengthening program that will improve my posture in this area, eliminating my anterior pelvic tilt and hopefully the painful symptoms that go along with it. I don't expect someone here to spend the time coming up with a comprehensive list, but I would love some basic information and possibly a list of the best sources of information on this topic. I would just like something that works, and I am willing to put in the time to fix posture. Some of my questions would be how often I can do these stretches, what is the best time of day, how do I warm up and how realistic is it to expect a full recovery?
Thanks so much for your time, and thanks to Coach Summer and all the other guys here that have helped me to enjoy this truly amazing form of exercise!