Hello.
After you've developed sufficient proficiency in an easier exercise, like regular pushups, and you move on to more difficult variations, would you still work the easier exercise on occasion or is there no need to?
Thanks
Started by Chris Hansen, April 16, 2011 · 6 Replies · 2,572 Views
Hello.
After you've developed sufficient proficiency in an easier exercise, like regular pushups, and you move on to more difficult variations, would you still work the easier exercise on occasion or is there no need to?
Thanks
Yes, you always should. That's what warm ups are for!
I do in my warm up a circuit with 21-15-9 reps, i mean the easiest to the hardest exercise and this works nice...
Mikael said:I do in my warm up a circuit with 21-15-9 reps, i mean the easiest to the hardest exercise and this works nice...
Sounds like the Poliquin 6 - 12 - 25 concept. I learned about this from Razz (who got it from Alex Dienaar, i believe) and have been doing a month long cycle.
Its very worthwhile to visit the 'easier' variations, i'm glad i have been anyway, and between the program, and a week of 80g of Glutamine a day, managed to put on 4 kilos which is unheard of for me.
Mr Brady said:Mikael said:I do in my warm up a circuit with 21-15-9 reps, i mean the easiest to the hardest exercise and this works nice...Sounds like the Poliquin 6 - 12 - 25 concept. I learned about this from Razz (who got it from Alex Dienaar, i believe) and have been doing a month long cycle.
Its very worthwhile to visit the 'easier' variations, i'm glad i have been anyway, and between the program, and a week of 80g of Glutamine a day, managed to put on 4 kilos which is unheard of for me.
Congrats! The glutamine protocol did wonders for me (especially digestion) when I did it.
As everyone has stated, easier variations make a great warm up, and if you look at the WoD notes, it'll state to do so.
Thanks for the replies.
I've never really done warmups. I have a 15 - 20 minute block of time before work to get my exercise so whatever I do has to be really focused.
The Hansenator said:Thanks for the replies.I've never really done warmups. I have a 15 - 20 minute block of time before work to get my exercise so whatever I do has to be really focused.
Sometimes you just have to do the best you can with what you've got!