This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 110411

Started by Coach Sommer, April 11, 2011 · 8 Replies · 1,912 Views

Coach Sommer

trvd6vsIE2o

Perform the following:

3x5 GHR

3x10 Weighted SLS

3x60m Backward Sled Sprint

Finish with 60 seconds total aggregate work of a straddle L variation.

notes:

1) Rest at least 3-5 minutes between sets.

2) This is a maximal strength workout. Do not perform these exercises as a giant set. Perform one set and then rest. Complete all of the sets for each exercise in the following order; GHR, then move on to then move on to Weighted SLS, then move on to the Backward Sled Sprints.

3) Alternate legs on each repetition of SLS. Add sufficient weight (using dumbbells, vest or weight plates) so that they are very challenging for the RX’d ten reps.

4) Add sufficient weight to the backward sled/tire sprints to make the sprints quite challenging; the running should be very strenuous. If you do not have enough room for a 60m continuous sprint, then sprint 30m out and then 30m back (this is what my team athletes do).

5) If you do not have access to a tire or sled for sprints, then possible sled/tire substitutions include: perform the sprints with a weight vest, drag a kettlebell on the ground in front of you while you are sprinting backward, have a partner pulling against you during the sprint with a long strap.

Gustav

Thanks for another good workout :)

Uzeeh

I hope I scaled this properly.

WU:

L-sit tuck 4x15s (ON RINGS! I finally got the wooden ones, and they feel awesome! :D)

Front Lever adv tuck 5x12s

High kicks

Shoulder dislocates 4x12

WOD:

3 rounds of:

5 Half GHR

5 SLS on an elevated surface (I get cramps from normal ones, so I do these since the other leg doesn't have to be as high)

60m backward run with my brother pulling me with a 3 m rope

Bent leg Straddle-L on parallettes 5x10s

It was pretty fun, except for the GHR, which absolutely kills my legs. However, amd I doing them wrong if I don't feel them at all in my hamstrings, but in my calves instead? If so, how can I correct it?

Thanks for the workout, Coach!

pogo69
Uzeeh said:
I hope I scaled this properly.

...

5 Half GHR

5 SLS on an elevated surface (I get cramps from normal ones, so I do these since the other leg doesn't have to be as high)

60m backward run with my brother pulling me with a 3 m rope

Bent leg Straddle-L on parallettes 5x10s

looks good to me. good idea with the rope/person drag. also good idea with the SLS.

Uzeeh said:

It was pretty fun, except for the GHR, which absolutely kills my legs. However, amd I doing them wrong if I don't feel them at all in my hamstrings, but in my calves instead? If so, how can I correct it?

yup, that is wrong. I've seen a tip somewhere here on these that helps with disengaging the calves - pull your feet towards your shins.

Uzeeh

Great, thanks for clearing that up. I'm not sure, however, if I got what you meant. So, should I put them toe first to the ground or something and then put my heels back? I'm not that good at English, so I might've missed your point.

pogo69

I was afraid I may not have explained it very well.

But yes, that's what I do. I dig my curled up toes into the ground, then anchor my ankles under a barbell - helps me to pull the toes towards the shins.

Patrick Angelo Sardilli

R3-p-D1cpbQ

Kenneth Manning

Todays WOD

NLC mini jumpstretch band assist x 5,5,5

SLS 50 lbs x 10, 10, 6+4 (last 4 at BW- legs really fatiguing)

Trap bar deadlift 315x5,5,5

6x10sec bent leg straddle

Squatchy

FSP's

3x6 GHR (feet under back of couch, knees on mat)

3x10 SLS (20lb dumbbell)

3x60m reverse hill sprint (40lb weighted vest on)

60s agg straddle L (sets of about 15s, some on rings, some on back of couch)

Good stuff, can do SLS with 20lb dumbbell now without touching my free leg/foot to the ground at all, happy with that :D