This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 110408

Started by Coach Sommer, April 8, 2011 · 5 Replies · 1,989 Views

Coach Sommer

vxJPXFGFuJo

Complete four rounds:

60 sec HS Wall Runs

3 XR HSPU

5 XR Dips to L-sit

7 Germans

Finish with 2x10 Wrist Pushups

notes:

1) Move immediately from the HS Wall Runs to the XR HSPU. Be conscientious in completely locking the elbows and turning the rings out at the top of each repetition.

2) After the XR HSPUs move immediately to the XR Dips to L-sit without coming down off of the rings.

3) XR Dips to L-sit are done by performing a regular XR Dip with the legs hanging down and then simply adding an L-sit at the top of each dip. Be sure to lock and extend the elbows properly during the XR L-sit portion of the dips.

4) After the XR Dips to L-sit drop down off of the rings and immediately begin the Germans.

5) If you are unable to complete a German, you may substitute with Wheels.

6) Rest 2-3 minutes between rounds.

7) Scale the movements as necessary to allow the correct repetition range to be performed for a given movement.

Gustav

I'm exhausted now ;)

Reece Nugent

A few questions...

Any ideas on what i can sub for wall runs? I dont think my wrists are ready for them yet :(

The XR dips to L-sit, do you hold the L-sit for 3secs each rep?

Subbing germans with wheels.. do i do traveling wheels or staying in place? & should i double/triple the reps because im scalling down?

Thanks!

Uzeeh

This was brutal and I did very badly. I didn't have any dip bars nearby so I substituted for PPP.

WU:

L-sit tuck on the ground - 6x8s (Especially made it a large issue that my arms were completely straight and locked. These are hard since my pushing strength is weak; my core would be able to hold these longer)

Front Lever adv tuck 5x12s (These are becoming easier and easier. Fun!)

Shoulder dislocates: 4x12

WOD: 4 rounds of

Stomach to wall HS, lifting the hands as much as I could

3 partial HeSPU

5 PPP

7 Wheels on knees

2x20 wrist pushups

My biggest weakness could very well be pressing strength. My triceps are ridiculously small, and my chest even more so. I can probably only get about 3-5 strict form PB dips, and the only move that I feel strong in is PPP. Today it was even worse due to excessive freestanding HS training on every day. My question is this: How do you people get in an out of stomach to wall HS? Doing them cast wall walk style really weakens my HS holds, and frankly, that's why I don't do them that much.

Thanks for the WOD :)

Michael Traynor
Nugget said:
A few questions...

Any ideas on what i can sub for wall runs? I dont think my wrists are ready for them yet :(

The XR dips to L-sit, do you hold the L-sit for 3secs each rep?

Subbing germans with wheels.. do i do traveling wheels or staying in place? & should i double/triple the reps because im scalling down?

Thanks!

60s wall hand stand - focus on full body tension and pressing with the shoulders.

You can hold for 3s if you like, just a nice steady cadence unless the Coach prescribed a specific tempo.

Travelling or In place would be fine, but if you can do them travelling. do the same number of reps as prescribed. Always do the WOD reps and sets and timing as prescribed by coach if you feel that you are not getting enough out of that number of Wheels the scale up to a harder variation.

Patrick Angelo Sardilli

Nothing for germans :( Replaced with double clap pushups

F4eWICXQhCU