I am a beginner as some of you know, and am very happy with a lot of the information that has been given out on this web site. My question this time: I don't own a pair of rings yet. i have a pull up bar and push up stands, i live in a one bedroom apartment and can topuch the cieling without standing on my toes. Where am i supposed to put rings? Or can i just used my push up stands and pull up bar?
RINGS
Started by Ian Legrow, April 6, 2011 · 6 Replies · 3,394 Views
Hello, fellow beginner here. If you are able to hang a pull up bar in your home, you have a place to put your rings. You won't be able to do everything on the rings in this type of setup, but you'll be able to do some things.
At home, I have a doorway pull up bar. I hang my rings from the bar and support myself on the rings for time or do dips and rows. As a beginner these exercises are enough while I build my strength. Once I'm at a level where I want to try a handstand from the rings, I'll alter my setup.
If you can find a local gym that has the equipment you want and does "open gym," you could always go that route. A lot of times, open gym is a per hour fee and usually isn't that much. You might even be able to get some free instruction while there.
Where there's a will, there's a way. I wish you much success with your training.
I hang my rings from a pullup bar that is mounted in my door frame. When I start handstands, I'll just lower the rings to almost touch the floor and that will be enough room I think.
You can also bring them to a park and hang them off a tree branch, or perhaps the top of a swing set.
Go to the park and hang them off Rugby Posts, Football Goals, Soccer Goals, as well as other places mentioned above.
wow! ok, i did not think of those things! thank you all very much!
Swing stands work really well. With the amount of space you say you have try and get them outdoors. Only thing to watch out for is the rain.