Looking at notes from the seminar I´ve written down lock offs. I remember what they were but I cant remember why youre suppose to do them and what benefits you get from them?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Supplemental work, lock offs
Started by Mats Trane, April 6, 2011 · 5 Replies · 83 Views
As i recall they release forearm strain from heavy ring work or rope climbing. Coach has demonstrated it after the ring strength sessions.
Lock offs should be performed in between either exercises or rounds during ring strength days.
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
Hmm, I don't think we went over these last May. Any clues on what these are?
Hold one ring with one hand with a false grip, starting with arm fully curled (locked off) try to hold your weight up with one arm, use the other arm to assist holding on to the ring strap if you cannot 'lock off' your whole weight with one arm. We were holding for about 10secs but i'm not certain what the prescribed time was.
The pressure on elbow in the flexed arm position helps eleviate pain from straight arm work on rings (as I understand it)
15s holds ![]()