Cricles Progress (a year later)

Started by phken4343, April 6, 2011 · 4 Replies · 2,190 Views

phken4343

My circles from almost a year ago:

5D3fyYPP8xM

Now...

NRU8Frxs9v4

Here's a front view:

c69whN47His

Although my circles are better, I still can't quite swing around on the horse. :/

BjoU46aOqhs

I hate the piking in the beginning of the circle (:/). Maybe I'm jumping too much or not posting my right hand?

Alessandro Mainente

great form, maybe you have to focuse on "not pull back the legs when you are going on the back", the circle is made by the hips, so try to maintain a strigth body position through th entire circle.

and try to not bend your legs when you are passing in the side/back..the solution can be lean more on the side in the opposide direction.

for the rest if the horse in diffivutl maybe is only a question of take confidence with the handles, and for this you can use the bucket...helps a lot..fortunately the gym where i go has one of it...

phken4343

I always try to turn my hips as sharp as possible, but my circles always end up with my legs bent. I'll keep on working my form.

My right side of my body is less flexible than my left (natural, I guess), so I'm currently working on improving my flexibility on my right wrist and other muscles on the right side.

I feel some frustration that I can't do circles on horse since this is my senior year and season is over basically after April (and I really want to perform well in senior night this week). I really want to work extended circles, but I also want to compete on varsity (I've been demoted to JV). In high school competition, moves are all that matter, and when I see gymnasts in meets, I don't exactly like their circles. I'll still work hard, but I feel like I won't fulfill my potential unless I join a club gym. Should I look into the long-term plan instead of the short-term plan?

Gregor

1. Litlle to close footage and maybe to much on side (it would be ok if it would be shoot from both sides).

2. Slopy with legs and toes

3. you are doing something wrong in training if you did not do any significant changes from year before (I now I sounded a bit harsh but at the begining there should be bigger changes in a year time).

4. Technique is slopy and to slow

technique:

1/2:

1. Lean on left hand and simultanously push hips together with upper torso and surface behind the back

2. In this part you must start turning hips in the air so when the right hand hits the surface your body must be already turned

2/2:

1. When you hit with the right hand on surface (hips already turned) you must simultanously push heels backwards together with right hand pushing around to the in front of a belly.

2. In this part you must start turning hips in the air so when the left hands hits the surface your body must be already turned

Other things in Technique:

1. all leans must be at the same degree (front/back; left/right)

2. your focus should not be just on pushing the hips but with upper torso too (at the begining concentrate just on hips, later on both or just on torso if hips are ok).

3. ...

Training:

1. do more body preparation as it is clearly from the videos your body is not preparid corectly to hold correct line

2. manna work if possible, alot of AG walks, bla blabla alot is written in forum for basic preparation, almost all basic preparation is affecting on body line.

3. go back to basic on one single circle or even on half or even more radical to 1/4 at every pommel horse training

4. Bucket circles from lower ground (have a bucket in shoulders height or litlle lower and do them on ground (for strength and technique training).

5. Pommel circles should start on very small pommels (few centimeters from ground or add big mats around the horse so you'll have mats in horses leather height).

Circles must have very long basic training, before proceeding further, for you basic should be one correct circle.

It's easier to learn someone correct standing back sumersault than one single correct circle, so don't be discuraged by me :wink:

phken4343

No, you are not harsh at all. All I want is a coach like you that will consistently correct my circles (high school coaches are so different from club coaches, and I'm mostly left alone to practice). I want to join a club gym after I come back from church work for a year (gonna go in early September), but getting the money will be an issue too....

The only time i get to train these skills consistently are only during the season (February~April), and occasionally I go to an open gym at a club nearby.

I guess I'll just concentrate on my long term goal, which is to compete at NCAA (collegiate). Until then, lots of preparation.

Again, all I want is someone like you that has "great" expertise on gymnastics. You can be critical all you want.