This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 110405

Started by Coach Sommer, April 5, 2011 · 13 Replies · 2,224 Views

Coach Sommer

Perform the following:

3 sets of; MU, L-sit press shoulder stand, roll fwd into a MU to a shoulder stand, press up to HS, negative Reverse MU down to an inverted hang, Reverse Crank, Crank

5x15 seconds FL

5x15 seconds XR Strap HS

5x15 seconds German Hang

Finish the workout with 2x10 Wall Extensions.

notes:

1) Do not rest during the Ring strength series.

2) Strive to perform the MUs with an emphasis on strength; keeping the kipping minimized or preferably eliminated all together. Be especially conscientious in locking your arms and turning out the rings at the top of each repetition

3) Progressions for developing the XR shoulder stand are found in the Basic Ring Strength 3 essay.

4) You may use the feet on the straps to slow your descent during the negative Reverse MU.

5) Use the position of your choice during the Crank and Reverse Crank that allows you to control the descent while still being challenging. The ascent and descent of these elements may both be performed in different positions.

6) Complete all 3 sets of the ring strength series prior to beginning the static hold position sets.

7) Rest at least 3-5 minutes between ring strength sets.

8 ) Perform the static hold sets as a single giant set; perform a set of FL, then move immediately to the XR Strap HS and then move immediately to the German Hang.

9) A short rest (30-60 sec) is allowed during the static hold positions work only after a single giant set has been completed.

Reece Nugent

I cant do a handstand on rings, cant even do HSPU's. So for todays wod could i get into the shoulderstand and try my hardest to get into a handstand on the rings and hold that effort for the 3 secs as a sub for press up to HS?

Uzeeh

This was rather difficult for me, as I still haven't got the rings. Well, tree branch it is.

WU:

2500m run

Shoulder dislocates

High kicks

WOD:

3 rounds of: False grip pull up, pseudoplanchepushup, L-sit on the ground (tucked), press to headstand, false grip pull up, PPP, press to headstand, reverse crank (tucked, was more like normal german hang pull), crank (tuck l to adv tuck front lever to inv. hang)

5x15s: German hang, floor HS with palms backwards, adv tuck front lever

These are rather hard to scale, but fun! I especially liked the cranks, great exercise!

Josh Schmitter

3 rounds: 3 pull ups(varied grip), 3 full dips(chairs). Inverted hang, tuck BL, Inverted, Tuck FL, Inverted.(about 4s holds)

5x15: tuck FL focusing on shoulder retraction, floor HS, German foot assist.

Wall slides.

Lower leg rehab.

Contrast Shower.

Didn't sleep well...again. Plus yesterdays Dy leg workout and I was pretty blah today. I feel like I'm not making much progress in my tuck FL...15s with should retraction is very hard...maybe I should just do L hangs...i don't know. My HS kick up was a mess today, took forever just to get up there. Did the first 5 or so seconds of the germans with no foot assist, felt ok.

Nugget said:
I cant do a handstand on rings, cant even do HSPU's. So for todays wod could i get into the shoulderstand and try my hardest to get into a handstand on the rings and hold that effort for the 3 secs as a sub for press up to HS?

You can pretty much mix and match anything from the 3 Ring Strength series'. Just toy around with what you're able to do. I know Coach prefers at least 3 muscle ups, no kip, before moving much past the 1st one.

Kenneth Manning

Scaled WOD ring series:

3 sets:

MU-->L sit tuck shoulderstand-->forward roll to MU*-->L sit tuck shoulderstand-->press to support-->2 XR dips-->backward roll--> 2 invert pullups-->reverse crank (full lay)-->crank (adv tuck)

5 sets of:

MU-->adv tuck FL (15 sec)-->BL (3 sec)-->german hang (15 sec); XR support (15 sec)

2x10 wall extensions

*First time ever doing a forward roll to MU. FINALLY. Keys seemed to be slowing down the roll, paying very special attention to keeping arms strongly bent, and working to maintain false grip. Kind of surprised myself, was pretty exhilarating considering I've been trying and failing at the forward roll to MU for what seems like forever.

*also have to do tuck shoulderstands because of lack of ceiling height. Now that the weather is warming up, I'll hopefully be able to do some of these ring series outside with my rings on a high tree branch.

Josh Schmitter
killroy70 said:
*First time ever doing a forward roll to MU. FINALLY. Keys seemed to be slowing down the roll, paying very special attention to keeping arms strongly bent, and working to maintain false grip. Kind of surprised myself, was pretty exhilarating considering I've been trying and failing at the forward roll to MU for what seems like forever.

That's killer. Always a good feeling, especially on the skills that get worked forever with little progress. Also thanks for the tips, hopefully I'll be there eventually.

Patrick Angelo Sardilli

Can't do HS on rings in routine because I'm touchign ceiling :(

Bench Press 75#(5) - 95#(5) - 110#(3) - 130#(3) - 150#(3) - 170#(3+)

3 sets:

- Muscle Up

- L-Sit Press Shoulder Stand

- Forward Roll to Shoulder Stand

- Negative Muscle Up to Inverted Hang

- Reverse Crank & Crank

Rest 5 mins

3 Rounds:

15s Front Lever Variation

15s XR Strap HS

15s German Hang

Rest 1 mins

Finish with 2 x 10 Wall Extensions.

cUpO3hKyKuU

Kenneth Manning

Thanks Tanstaafl, sometimes things seem to be progressing so slowly and then all of a sudden you achieve a progression. It's really exciting when it happens!

Patrick Angelo Sardilli

good job on the progression buddy! yeah it does feel good!

Newguy

Yep! I absolutely love the feeling of getting a new skill! I can't stop smiling for the next couple hours after it, especially when it is one I have been trying to get for awhile :)

Eddie Stelling

WU:

2x2 HeSPU (concentric only) hands elevated 4"

1 chest roll to HS (1st try!)

FSPs

WOD:

3 rounds: MU, L-sit press shoulder stand, roll fwd into a MU to a shoulder stand, press up to HS (1st round only), negative Reverse MU down to an inverted hang, Reverse Crank (full lay), Crank (flat tuck/straddle)

*Could only press up to HS on the 1st round. Don't know what happened. After 3 rounds I rested and jumped back on for:

MU---4 ring HSPUs with straps. I was agitated I failed during the series so I had to make it up!!

Bench Press:

135lb x 12

185lb x 8

225lb x 6

245lb x 4

275 lb x 2 (w/ spot)

Incline Dumbell:

3 x 6 with 80lb dumbells

My gym's crossfit WOD - cardio burner

John Sapinoso

dB5QzIB3Loc

Gavin Strelitz

I was laughing, redemption indeed. Dude, you're a beast.

pogo69

ummm, yeah... "ouch" indeed!!

it's very motivating to see ts00nami's WOD vids. while most of us (that would be me) are nowhere near looking anything like that, it's encouraging to know that he's getting there with the same principles.

in fact, that goes for all of the regular vid posting beasts.