This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 110404

Started by Coach Sommer, April 4, 2011 · 6 Replies · 2,025 Views

Coach Sommer

pTUn2-sF3Hw

Complete four rounds:

40’ Senders

8 Box jumps

4 Depth Jumps

12 Squat Jumps

Finish the workout with 2x30 seconds Weighted Pike Stretch

notes:

1) Move immediately from the Senders to the Box Jumps to the Depth Jumps to the Squat Jumps.

2) The Box Jumps should be performed from a stand up onto as high a box as possible for all 10 repetitions. An excellent athlete will perform these onto a box that is at least chest high. Add weight with a dumbbell or weight vest if possible. There may be a slight pause in between each of the box jump repetitions.

3) Depth Jumps - jump off an object 3’-10’ high, bending the knees but not allowing the feet to move or step upon landing. If in doubt go lower rather than higher and remember to BEND the knees upon landing!

4) Squat jumps should be done down a vault runway or extended grassy area. To perform the squats jumps, squat down fully and then jump as high as possible. Land, re-squat fully and touch the hands to the ground. This constitutes one repetition. Do not pause in between the repetitions.

5) Remember to focus on jumping high, not far. Continue in this fashion until you have completed the entire 12 reps of Squat Jumps without rest.

6) You may add a weight vest to the Squat Jumps if you are strong enough.

7) You may rest 2-3 minutes between rounds.

Uzeeh

My first dynamic leg day, felt really good :) Still got some lactic acid in my legs, and they feel absolutely terrible right now :mrgreen:

WU:

L-sit tuck 4x15s

Adv tuck front lever 5x12s

4 rounds of:

13m senders - My brother and I did this workout together, and since we don't have any objects around we used a wooden stick that we put in front of each other. It wasn't maybe as fast as senders should be, but we had to improvise.

Box jumps - 60cm box. At first, it felt really easy, and I thought that it was too low (didn't have any other boxes nearby, though, so didn't do anything). On the third and fourth round, I changed my mind. These were hard :wink:

Depth jump: from 140cm. Did these from a tree branch that was easy and quick to climb onto.

Squat jumps: 9/8/7/5. Any beginner who does these and thinks they're easy aren't doing them correctly (or then I'm weak as heck). I've done these in the past, and thought they're easy. Now I realised that I've done 'em from parallel and I haven't jumped nearly high enough. Now I did these ATG style, and exploded from the bottom, rather than just doing a pitiful jump at the top, and it showed. I stopped on each set when I simply couldn't do any with perfect form.

Now, I have a question about the depth jumps: Should I stay on my toes or should I roll to my heel, too? I'm doing these barefooted (I do everything barefoot) and I did them like I run: land on the balls of the feet and then roll to heel. Am I doing them wrong or right?

Thanks in advance, and thanks for the WOD :)

Kenneth Manning

Today's WOD

4 rounds

senders -- 4 trips "back and forth" over 3 objects: weight bench + 2 stacked milk crates + milk crate with swiss ball on top

box jumps (to 55 gallon drum) x 8

depth jumps (from 55 gallon drum) x 4

squat jumps x 12

pike stretch with 35lb plate 2x30 sec

Josh Schmitter

Wrist Routine

FSP warmup

4 rounds:

Back and forth over some trash/recycle bins and a soccer ball just for varying height.

8 Box jumps about waist height stacked cinder blocks

4 depth jumps off top of car

12 Squat jumps...always get me.

2x30s weighted pike holding half a cinder block off the steps of my porch

lower leg prehab/contrast shower

Uzeeh said:

Now, I have a question about the depth jumps: Should I stay on my toes or should I roll to my heel, too? I'm doing these barefooted (I do everything barefoot) and I did them like I run: land on the balls of the feet and then roll to heel. Am I doing them wrong or right?

Yes, land on the balls of your feet. I think it is fairly negligible if you roll back from there or stay on the front.

Here is the in depth version :)viewtopic.php?f=17&t=2236&hilit=vibrams

Uzeeh

Thanks for the info and the link :) i was mainly concerned about my knees going way past my toes if I land on the balls of my feet and don't roll. My depth jumps always go to about parallel deep (this could be wrong, too), and I don't want any knee injuries later on - my family has had a lot of those in history :(

Patrick Angelo Sardilli

Skipped Senders Not enough boxes :(

I got to get some adjustable/collapsible stands. I used to use them for hurdles I need to find a place that has them.

Back Squat: 80#(5) - 100#(5) - 120#(3) - 140#(3) - 160#(3) - 180#(3+)

4 Rounds:

8 Box Jumps (40")

4 Depth Jumps (60")

12 Squat Jumps (115#)

Rest 2 mins

Finish with 2 x 60s Pike Stretch.

MehS45fkNwU

Alexander Svensson

Okay so I did thisone yesterday, great workout, but today I'm really really sore in my trapz :? Even though I didn't activate my upper body at all yesterday besides swinging the arms in the box jumps. Anyone else ever had this happen?