One of my long term goals is a one arm chin up, I have taken a break with the weighted pull ups for a while, and have been exploring various bodyweight methods to increase my pull strength.
So far, my favorite exercise so far is what I call a archer pull up, which is just what I came up with after playing around with archer push ups...Though, I wouldn't be surprised if it was called something else. It's simply doing a ring pull up, but one arm stays straight, creating a mix between a one arm pull up, and a hang pull to cross.
I have found it works great, even though I can only do a few negatives of it, I have noticed that it has helped my pulling strength, and it has seemed to help my elbows with straight arm work.
Just wanted to know if anyone else has ever used them, and what they think of them.
Matt