Learning ring moves

Started by Tefached, March 31, 2011 · 8 Replies · 2,312 Views

Tefached

Heya. Well 2 moves on the rings I'm trying to learn are slow incolate and kip to support (straight arm)

Well I actually did the slow incolate once, but it burned the inside of my shoulders like HELL. So now I've begun training more flexibility so that I might be able to do it in the future without any pain, but if anybody knows the exact approach on learning this move I would really appreciate it :D

And for the kip to support, I can do it to support and dip it to straight arm easily, it's not even hard, but landing in straight arm is so much more requiring and it would be nice if some people could give me a piece of advice? :)

Thanks in advance :)

- The new forum guy Tefached

Philip Chubb

There is a lot of prehab needed for the inlocates. The decision for you to work on flexibility was a good one. As for the kip, if you look in the Coach Sommer essays, there is one Coach wrote about that. Hope that helped. Welcome to the forum.

Tefached

Thanks for your reply :) But could you be so nice and point out where to find those essays :mrgreen:

Cole Dano

Most of the essays are sticked at the top of the subforums. There's a lot of good info to begin from there and new users are encouraged to dig in.

Svend

I found the most important thing when learning the kip to L support to be this: Kip hard with the legs but STOP them when they pass the straps. When I got this advice I did a decent one on the first try :)

Tefached

Thanks for the replies guys :)

And I get what you mean Svend.. I just hope I can kick hard enough :o

Gregor

Inlocates can be done through strength help to...

Kip to L-seat with straight arms must/should be done through IC (like you do kip to IC just litlle higher and not stopping).

Tefached

What is IC?

..And btw I just learned the slow incolate today :D hurts the shoulders a little.. but I'm sure I'll get used to it after a while :)

Gregor

iron cross.