hi everyone I've got a question. i have always had wrist pains when doing just normal pushups on the floor. so i have started doing the wrist series posted by ivanovjet on youtube (which apparently is coaches wrist series) i have scaled down some of the exercises but when i do this by the end of it my wrists are really sore. my question is should i just keep doing this everyday until it doesn't hurt anymore or should i only do it like three times a week instead of 5-6 days a week. thanks for you help.
wrist pains!
Started by 22Ghost, March 29, 2011 · 6 Replies · 2,850 Views
I'm currently recovering from elbow tendinitis in my right elbow, and I've found a major correlation between wrist strength and elbow health, as many here have stated. Not coincidentally, my right wrist is the wrist that I tended to get pain in now and then as well prior to getting the tendinitis in my elbow. I've learned a lot throughout this recovery period, and I've found that reverting back to the frog stand with bent elbows (even though prior to tendinitis I was training the tuck planche) has helped my wrists feel stronger than I can ever recall. I've been holding them for extended periods of time (on average about 45 to 50 seconds each hold) and experimenting with forearm and elbow placement over the wrists. The more they are over the wrists, the more load placed on the wrists, and I tend to ease into it as I progress through the time of a single hold. This may help your wrists a lot, as I've found that this exercise, even when compared with a number of other supplemental wrist exercises that I perform (which you may want to do anyway as a warm up, such as wrist curls with bands, hanging from a bar while turning your wrists like you're on a motorcycle, hanging from two towels), has had the greatest impact on the feeling of well-being and strength in my wrists. For me, the wrist series does not feel that great because of my tendinitis, but I've also found that exercises where I build up lactic acid tend to make me feel the strongest post-workout. For you, a combination of the two may be your best approach, but I couldn't say for sure.
thanks for the help. maybe i can ad in the frog stand at the end of my FSPs while still doing the wrist series. though i would still like to know if the pain i feel in the wrist after the wrist series is normal and if it will go away over time. it doesn't feel like tendinitis i had it just feels really really sore and i have to shake it out for at least a minute before i can do anything with it.
try going a bit easier on the wrist series perhaps.
so would you say half it for the first ssc or should i just do it less times throughout the week?
I found that I received the greatest benefit from the wrist series by choosing easier variations of the movements and performing the full 10 reps of each movement slowly, so that the first couple are easy but by the time you get to 10, again, lactic acid build up. That warmed me up sufficiently without pain. You may want to give that a shot.
i will try that thanks for all the help. ![]()
![]()