Hey yall, I was wondering if any of you had experience or ideas relating to this pain Ive been having in my wrist.
Its on the top side of my hand near the wrist joint. Its right around the base of the bones leading to the index and middle fingers. Its a fairly sharp pain, and it doesnt come unless I flex or extent the wrist too far. Also, I can't support handstands without pain.
Now, a little background - I have been working out for a couple months without problem and I have been doing handstands off and on for years. I have been doing frog stands and handstands, and I guess that would put some stress on the joint but I those haven't bothered me at all up until now.
A couple days ago I started doing some back handsprings, and I did 5-6 the first day, same thing the next day. I was doing them on a mat and they felt fine on the wrists, so I don't know if that was the cause of the problem.
There is nothing I have been doing that I can remember aggravating the joint at the time, it just started on its own one night.
Right now Im just resting it, and obviously trying not to do any movements that bother it. If any of you coaches out there have any suggestions on strengthening excersizes or stretches, Id appreciate it.
Thanks ![]()