Hey guys,
I'm new to the forum and this is my first post. I've enjoyed reading all the great advice that comes from the forum and have been trying to get the WODs done as effectively as possible without "proper" gymnastic equipment for about a month now...
I recently (exactly a week ago) injured the tendons on my right adductor muscle. According to the doctor it is "slightly torn", so not completely off - hence no operation needed. It happened while climbing (bouldering) at an indoor climbing gym. I basically did a one legged squat (with which I usually have no problems), but with the leg turned completely to the outside (in order to get the hips as close to the wall as possible). I pushed off the leg VERY hard and dynamically and that was the end of it ![]()
Since I've benifited in so many different aspects of training by just reading through your comments, I figured someone here may have some good tips for:
1) recovering/rehabbing this injury
2) an estimated time span for the recovery - doctor reckons 2 weeks, but a week later, it doesn't feel much better ![]()
3) strengthening this weakness once it is recovered
I've also been working quite hard on L-Sit and tuck Planche and have noticed that both positions put a lot of strain on exactly the spot that is now injured... is it possible that I neglected something in the L-Sit or Planche training that may have overstressed the tendon and contributed to the injury?
Thanks to everyone in advance for any advice!
Happy training!
Regards
Ghost
PS: I don't know if this question really belongs in this forum, but I couldn't find one dealing specifically with injuries, so if it should have been posted elsewhere, I apologise and trust that one of the admins will move it