I am asking for advice on this book because lately all my friends have been raving about this book but lack the ability to clearly articulate its truths (or untruths) to me. They all lift weights so I needed a gymnastic perspective on the book.
It's main claim is:
"In Body By Science, bodybuilding powerhouse John Little teams up with fitness medicine expert Dr. Doug McGuff to present a scientifically proven formula for maximizing muscle development in just 12 minutes a week."
The author believes that what we fail to do is allow enough rest for optimal growth (in size and function). He has found that it takes between 6-8 days (if I remember correctly) for the muscles to effectively recover, the average being 7 days hence the "12 min a week" statement.
You can find info on his book by google searching it but here is an interesting presentation of his that I found on YouTube:
He pretty much explains his whole system and its reasoning in the 1hr and 38 min video.
My questions are:
Do you believe this system to be true or false?
Can it be applied to Gymnastic Strength Training™?
I noticed it contradicts some things Coach Sommer has said and I personally think it sounds like the lazy man's way out.
Thanks,
Kombat