This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Coming back for the May seminar!

Started by Simon Grégoire, March 26, 2011 · 18 Replies · 231 Views

Simon Grégoire

Hi guys! It's been a while! I hope everyone is doing good and that most of you are going to be in Arizona in 2 months. Sorry if I haven't posted much, I just haven't had much time this year with work. I'll try to post from time to time in the WOD section.

About the upcoming seminar... Do we get a discount code for the store? I know we get half price for the second participation but I can't find any option about it.

Coach Sommer
sgreg said:
... About the upcoming seminar... Do we get a discount code for the store? I know we get half price for the second participation but I can't find any option about it ...

Here are the discount codes for GB Seminar Graduates:

If you have attended one previous GB Seminar

For your 50% discount for the Level 1 Seminar; please enter the coupon code L150off

For your 50% discount for the Level 2 Seminar; please enter the coupon code L250off

For your 50% discount for the Level 3 Seminar; please enter the coupon code L350off

If you have attended two or more previous GB Seminars

For your 75% discount for the Level 1 Seminar; please enter the coupon code L175off

For your 75% discount for the Level 2 Seminar; please enter the coupon code L275off

For your 75% discount for the Level 3 Seminar; please enter the coupon code L375off

There is an inconvenience in the structure of the online store however. It will not accept multiple coupons to be applied during a single checkout. So in order to receive the three seminar discounts, it will be necessary to check out separately for each of the seminars.

My apologies for this inconvenience, but processing multiple coupons simultaneously is not a capability which the online store module possesses.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Simon Grégoire

Thanks coach! Looking forward to meeting you again in 2 months!

Blairbob

Looking forward to seeing you there. I should be back on the GB WOD for 2 cycles by then. Will be interesting.

Joshua Naterman

It should be fun! I should be there as well.

Mats Trane

Hi, planing the trip right now!

Is it the Scottsdale Thunderbird Suites Hotel that is the hotel to go for?

Is there still a special deal with them?

As we probably will arrive late, at night I would like to avoid renting a car at the airport but to rent a car the next day. Do you know if the hotel has a pickup service or som other solution to get to the hotel?

Thanks

Cole Dano

Thunderbird doesn't have a pick up service.

The airport has a very nice car rental center which makes getting the car and returning it quite easy, i went there after what amounts to the same flight as yours and it wasn't really a problem and it saves a lot of hassle of renting a car later.

Christian Sørlie

Unfortunately due to May suddenly becoming a very project heavy month work wise, I am unable to get time off :(

So hope you guys have a great time. Me, I'm in early planning phase for September.

Simon Grégoire

Last year I went to the Hampton Inn and Suites on North Scottsdale Road. Their shuttle service doesn't reach the airport as it only cover 5 miles. But at least they have one! That way, it' only a 5 minutes drive to the gym. If you want to walk it's about 15-20 minutes. You can easily get to the hotel using 2 of the town buses. I'll have to check which ones. On top of that, they offer free breakfast, a pool, a sauna and they have AC! You also have a TV in your room and a nice and clean bathroom. Last year it costed me about 200$ for 4 nights, so it's about 50$ a night. And it got a rating of 4.8/5 on tripadvisor! I sure am going there again!

Joshua Naterman

Im going to stay there again as well, I think. It's just so nice!

I like jogging to the gym in the morning, I did that once and it was actually quite nice. And hot. :P

Simon Grégoire

I just checked which bus to take from the airport to the hotel. You have to take the airport shuttle service first to get out of the airport.

Then, take the bus #44 northbound http://www.valleymetro.org/schedules_and_maps?route=26&sort= until E. Bell rd., then you transfer to # 170 eastbound http://www.valleymetro.org/schedules_and_maps?route=62&sort=. You get off at N. Scottsdale rd.

edit: oops... It seems the buses only run from 5am to 9pm, so if you're coming vey late at night it won't work. Sorry.

On another note, I'd like to stay an extra day to do some tourism while being in Arizona. Anyone knows what must be seen near Scottsdale? Wildlife maybe?

Scott Malin
sgreg said:
I just checked which bus to take from the airport to the hotel. You have to take the airport shuttle service first to get out of the airport.

Then, take the bus #44 northbound http://www.valleymetro.org/schedules_and_maps?route=26&sort= until E. Bell rd., then you transfer to # 170 eastbound http://www.valleymetro.org/schedules_and_maps?route=62&sort=. You get off at N. Scottsdale rd.

On another note, I'd like to stay an extra day to do some tourism while being in Arizona. Anyone knows what must be seen near Scottsdale? Wildlife maybe?

There are lots of treasures in the area, but I'd recommend the Phoenix Zoo and also Desert Botanical Gardens. They're right next to each other, and I believe lie on major transportation lines. The zoo has a new orangoutang complex that's quite cool, and it's one of the rare zoos that you can really see the animals in full glory rather than just at a distance or behind a large crowd.

Simon Grégoire
coreathlete said:
There are lots of treasures in the area, but I'd recommend the Phoenix Zoo and also Desert Botanical Gardens. They're right next to each other, and I believe lie on major transportation lines. The zoo has a new orangatang complex that's quite cool, and it's one of the rare zoos that you can really see the animals in full glory rather than just at a distance or behind a large crowd.

Thanks! It's much closer than the Out Of Africa Park! Then I'll stay until wednesday and visit the zoo and the garden thuesday.

Scott Malin
sgreg said:
coreathlete said:
There are lots of treasures in the area, but I'd recommend the Phoenix Zoo and also Desert Botanical Gardens. They're right next to each other, and I believe lie on major transportation lines. The zoo has a new orangatang complex that's quite cool, and it's one of the rare zoos that you can really see the animals in full glory rather than just at a distance or behind a large crowd.

Thanks! It's much closer than the Out Of Africa Park! Then I'll stay until wednesday and visit the zoo and the garden thuesday.

The two are literally right next to each other and can be done on the same day without making it too long of an outing :)

Christian Sørlie

Hi guys!

I was at the Barcelona seminar and want to go to the Finland one now. Was browsing to find the second seminar discount codes, but see that the structure is different now. You order not level 1,2,3 but the entire seminar. Do we still use the discount codes specified in the beginning of this thread or some others?

Scott Malin
Christian said:
Hi guys!

I was at the Barcelona seminar and want to go to the Finland one now. Was browsing to find the second seminar discount codes, but see that the structure is different now. You order not level 1,2,3 but the entire seminar. Do we still use the discount codes specified in the beginning of this thread or some others?

The coupon to use will be E50off.

Christian Sørlie

Thanks Cory.

Mats Trane

First time in my life I´m looking forward to November!

Joshua Naterman
Mats Trane said:
First time in my life I´m looking forward to November!

Hahaha, see now that I've visited Sweden in the summer I can understand why that is funny :)