Perfect PUSHUP instead of parallettes?

Started by LaughingTiger, March 24, 2011 · 1 Replies · 4,205 Views

LaughingTiger

Hello Everyone,

I'm fortunate enough to have a job where I have my own office in the basement of my building. I either have a ton of work or no work at all. During my downtime, I practice towards my hand balancing goals.

I kick up into handstands, practice my advanced frogstand and use my swivel chair to perform L-Sit progressions. I was debating on whether to buy some push up bars or make a set of parallettes to bring to the office. Then I saw a couple of videos of people doing L-Sits, handstand push ups and planche progressions on the perfect pushup product.

Using the perfect push up instead of parallettes seems like a good way to create some instability and build greater strength and balance. I plan to get a pair after work and test them out. Has anyone else used them or a similar device in the place of parallettes? If so, would you please share any benefits or problems you encountered from using them?

Thanks

Samuel Carr

I have a pair. They swivel really easily, a little too easily (i thought), but i just broke the ball bearings so they dont move so easily because i didnt want to twist my arm/wrist. Now they work okay. A little low tho