FSP work from a beginner

Started by Mark Bernacchi, March 21, 2011 · 5 Replies · 2,265 Views

Mark Bernacchi

Hey guys, I've been training from here for about two months now and figured I should start getting critique on my FSPs at least, so anything would be appreciated! I usually don't train the advanced tuck back lever, since I am only able to hold the regular tuck for about 45 seconds, but I wanted to put the advanced tuck in there as well for critiquing purposes. Also, my shoulders are retracted on the tuck FL, or at least as much as I am able to at the moment...

umDd6grDbco

I'm also wondering if it would be a good idea for someone as inexperienced as me to try to get the money together to go to the May seminar. Good idea or should I give it a year first?

After watching myself I can see that I need to straighten my legs more on the straddle l-sit and I have a long way to go to get to the advanced l-sit!

Joshua Naterman

The sooner you get to a seminar the sooner you will have virtually all of your questions answered!

Blairbob

Adv tuck BL is slightly high. Needs toe point.

FL looks like elbows might be bending.

Knees are bent during straddle-L. I generally see breakers do them with the wrists forward though I notice you do them on MCP ridge of your hand for some extra height. I'm ok with this for L but not a big fan of this regarding straddle-L.

L is decent but will need hips pushed forward in the future.

Aaron Griffin
Blairbob said:
L is decent but will need hips pushed forward in the future.

Thread necromancy!

In the video, it appears like he might not have enough clearance if he pushes his hips forward. How does someone fix this? My floor L-sit feels like it can't really go any higher, and I definitely can't pull the hips forward without touching the ground.

Can some people just not do it flat handed from the floor, or am I missing something?

Blairbob

More than likely it's a matter of strength. Get stronger. I would need a video to properly make a statement on it though.

Mark Bernacchi

It certainly is a strength issue, I'm quite weak. Sitting in a chair I can mimic proper l-sit form and my hands go far below my butt/ the bottom of the seat. I imagine p-bar shrugs would help build strength for this, just be sure to completely depress at the top of the shrug.