MU to be valuated

Started by swarovski, March 19, 2011 · 7 Replies · 2,022 Views

swarovski

hello folks,

here's my first video, sorry for the strong backlight, but camera's zoom didn't allowed me to shoot from anywherelse.

critics on form are very welcome, this is the 2nd MU after 1 month of resting elbows. Though probably still within my first 20.

btw, thanks for taking the time.

fO4NOLRIW1I

Quick Start Test Smith

Wow! That looked easy!

pogo69

^ ye, what patrick said.

for someone who's only relatively newly achieved a MU, that was pretty bloody smooth. no kip, not too much fwd lean.

I really should video some stuff, as I've no idea what any of what I'm doing looks like; perhaps your vid debut will give me the inspiration. particularly for things like ring HS and BL where I'm upside down; I lose all sense of direction, so it'd be good to see it from the outside.

Alessandro Mainente

yeah great job man..now try to start from complete dead hand position, arms relaxed and hands turned out!!! with bent arms at the beninning is a little bit easy..

BUT VERY GREAT WORK

Newguy

Yup, It looks great, the only thing I was going to say is what alex said, it is way easier if you start with bent arms.

Although if you can't hold a false grip with arms locked, you might want to get some chalk. It helps out tremendously, seriously! For a couple months I thought I was not strong/flexible enough to hold an arms locked false grip hand...and then I got chalk...Yeah Strength was not a problem :)

GOOD JOB!

swarovski

guys, thanks for your nice words.

I didn't actually thought about locking arms, I'll focus on that. As well as limit forward lean and keeping rings as wide as possible. Thanks for all your pointers. I'm gonna try it out tonight.

@pogo,

I was reluctant about going online, but then I wanted to take advantage of this community, filming it's not such a hassle after all.

Lindbjerg

So great work,! Wish I could do that.

Witch exercise do you use to learn the slow non kipping muscleup? I really want to learn that

swarovski

thanks.

honestly, contrary to best practice, I never trained the transition specifically and that's why MU are still pretty hard on my elbows.

It's worth to mention that it came more like a by product than a specific focus or goal.

I Just trained basic FBE, with 5*5 schema. Pullups, dips, pushups, rows. I've logged it all. Not much else I could do from BtGB progressions. I still consider myself a beginner.

To better prepare elbows I advise you to practice supported MU transitions, you can do it both with feet elevated on a box or with bands if that's your top priority.

Funny thing I can't perform a kipping MU or PU!!

hope it helps.