Stall bars?

Started by Erin Roepke, March 19, 2011 · 3 Replies · 4,010 Views

Erin Roepke

I was thinking of purchasing some stall bars to work side levers and hlls, and I was just wondering if anyone has tried doing clapping pullups on them? I can't do clapping pullups yet, but I'd like to get there; I just don't have a secure place to do them. I have a door frame pullup bar but I'm not sure it would hold up.

Blairbob

Not unless the top bar is far enough off the wall to allow you to do a deadhang pullup without your chest touching the horizontal rails.

Cole Dano

You can get a pull up bar attachment for many stall bars, though i can't say how much abuse it would take.

Honestly for the investment some sort of dedicated pull up bar would be better.

Stewart Whaley

If you have the room a Power Tower will cost about $100 (even better on CraigsList) and works great for dynamic pulling (I use one in my garage).

Good example here at 58 seconds of this video: http://www.rosstraining.com/articles/thehomegym.html

I built my own stall bars that work perfectly for under $50 (2x10's on sides and PVC/black pipe crossbars).

The cost of all the production stall bars are way higher than that combo and you could get everything you are looking for.