
My arm isn't vertical enough I feel and I'm sure there are other problems?
What are they if anyone can point out, and any points on how to improve such? =]
<3 loves
Started by Skippy, March 18, 2011 · 4 Replies · 3,409 Views

My arm isn't vertical enough I feel and I'm sure there are other problems?
What are they if anyone can point out, and any points on how to improve such? =]
<3 loves
It looks like your elbows arent locked and your chest isnt pushed out
Well the two biggest mistakes that I see are not enough compression (could be a flexibility or a strength issue), and that your hips are by your arms. During a v-sit the hips are pushed out past the arms so the legs can obtain a perpendicular position with the floor.
Here is a picture of a textbook v-sit for comparison, performed by Kurt Thomas.
Unfortunately, I have nothing constructive to add, except that the teddy bear is a nice touch. ![]()
Skippy said:and any points on how to improve such? =]
Work on your pike flexibility, work on your pike flexibility then work on your pike flexibility some more.
Also make sure your shoulders are pressing down hard and fully, there should be no shrugging, a nice long neck, hard to say from your picture but it looks like your shoulders are shrugged.