This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Matthew's Log

Started by MatthewM, July 29, 2008 · 3 Replies · 718 Views

MatthewM

Figure I might as well keep a training log, for some extra motivation, and the hopes that if I do anything particularly stupid in my training, someone might point out my error.

Heres my latest workout

7/28/08

Skill work:

5 minutes of handbalancing, working various positions.

5 minutes of L and Straddle L seat work, in different variations

5 minutes of tumbling work, focusing on different skills

Strength Work

Attempt at archer pullup on each side

5 press to handstands

5 360 pulls, straight arms and legs

3 30 second support holds

3 bulgarian dips

5 archer pullup negatives each side

10 inverted pullups

10 tuck lever pullups

15 hanging leg raises

15 straddle hanging leg raises

Conditioning

20 ring pullups

20 ring dips

30 wide grip ring pushups

MatthewM

Note that when I don't list a rep/set on the exercise, I am just shooting for a total of X repetitions, with no specific set scheme...I am doing this until I get a better feel for my abilities with that specific movement, then I move on to specific sets.

Also, what I meant for the 360 pulls, was basically a 360 pull in a L. Though I do open my hips at points where I have the strength for straight body (close to inverted hang) only going to a L when I lose the ability to slowly control the motion in a straight body.

The press to handstands where a combination of bent arm and tucked presses, and bent arm and straddle press (which where oddly easier). I need to build more shoulder strength before doing them straight arm, but that is a high priority.

The skill work was basically just 5 minutes of working on the associated things, in as many variations as possible, mostly to warm up.

Matt

MatthewM

8/1/08

5 archer pull up negatives each side 3 second lockout at the top

3 sets of three L-pull ups bending legs if necessary

3 sets of three false grip pull ups

10 25 pound weighted pull ups

15 tuck lever pull ups

15 inverted pull ups

25 ring pull ups

3 minute long straddle stretches

3 minute long pancake stretches

3 minute long pike stretches

MatthewM

8/5/08

5 archer pull up negatives each side

15 25 pound weighted pullups

4x3 L-pull ups bent legs if nessesary

4x3 false grip pullups

30 ring pullups