This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 110317

Started by Coach Sommer, March 17, 2011 · 14 Replies · 2,411 Views

Coach Sommer

Complete 3 sets each:

1 Embedded BL + 6 Tempo Assisted OAC (3 each arm)

1 Embedded XR L-sit + 5 Tempo Under-grip Korean HSPU

1 Embedded FL + 6 Tempo Twisting Archups

Finish the workout with 10 Bridge Wall Walks

notes:

1) Warm-up by performing 2-3 easier Chin/HSPU variations prior to beginning your working sets. The variations used should initially begin with one that is quite easy and then get progressively more difficult from warm-up set to warm-up set.

2) Choose a body position for the embedded static strength variation that allows you to hold the position for 15 seconds per rep.

3) Focus on maintaining completely locked, straight elbows at all times during the XR L-sits. You may adjust the position of the legs as necessary.

4) Rest 10-20 seconds between the embedded static and the subsequent exercise. Rest 1-2 minutes in between giant sets.

5) Use a tempo of 232 for the FBE. For the Assisted OAC this equates to a 2 second ascent, followed by a 3 second pause at the top, then a 2 second descent.

6) Add weight to the Twisting Archups as needed.

7) You may scale the workout by substituting another exercise from the same movement family as necessary.

8 ) DO NOT skip the Bridge Wall Walks at the end of the Workout.

Gustav

Warmup:

Adv. tuck planche 6x5 sec

L pullups

pullups

______________________________________________________________________________

3 Rounds:

Adv. tuck backlever + 6 Tempo Assisted OAC ( :shock: )

XR low L-sit + 4 Wall HSPU

Adv. tuck FL + 6 Tempo Twisting Archups ( With 7,5 kg, and at the last set 2,5 kg)

Finish with stretching :)

Josh Schmitter

Wrist Routine

FSP warmup

warmup sets -1x5 push ups(also push ups in wrist routine), 1x3 chins/1x5 chins

3 rounds each:

15s German hang foot assist/5 tempo regular chins(foot assist on way down/up halfway through)

15s Lsit low(legs almost parallel)/5 Tempo Dips (foot assist on way up after 3 reps in each round)

15s FL tuck(very hard with retraction)/5 tempo arch-ups(a few twists, but mostly straight)

10 bridge wall walks(I believe eventually these should be done without bending the knees...but I am far from there)

Stretching/Ankle and lower leg prehab/contrast shower.

John Sapinoso

Can't wait to get to the gym and do this one, biceps are still a bit shot though...

Alexander Svensson

I asked this in another thread but got no answer; do yo perform 3 sets of the first giant set before moving to the second one or do you perform all three in a circuit manner?

Gustav
ts00nami said:
Can't wait to get to the gym and do this one, biceps are still a bit shot though...

Haha cool mine is also really sore :) I think it's from Tuesday's ring routine :D

Eddie Stelling
gohei_ said:
I asked this in another thread but got no answer; do yo perform 3 sets of the first giant set before moving to the second one or do you perform all three in a circuit manner?

I have been doing them as 3 sets of the first giant set (1 embedded BL + 6 OAC ), then moving to the next giant set. Some of the guys do it the other way. Try it the way I described and at the next embedded strength WOD try it the other way. See what you like more :wink:

AJ Ruffer
Both ways are correct. If you are looking for more of a work capacity increase you should do all three sets of each pair before moving on. If you would rather have slightly more emphasis on strength you would want to do one set of all three pairs as a single round and then repeat two more times.

If Coach doesn't specifically say to do it one way then either is acceptable. If he gives a specific method, as he sometimes does, it is best to follow that recommendation.

Hopefully that answers your question =)

Alexander Svensson

great! thanks guys :D

Alvaro

3X:

-BL tuck + 3 tempo chinups

-XR Lsit (finally I got it again after those months of little training) + HeSPU with feet elevated.

-FL tuck ( a bit more solid)+ 15kg twisting arch ups

2X5 bridge wall walks, more solid at de bottom, almost touching the ground.

John Sapinoso

(Pasted from http://thejsap.blogspot.com/2011/03/031511-wod-w-one-arm-chins.html)

Pre workout, as tradition, I had my salmon, avocado and olive oil with green tea. Supplements: fish oil and multi vitamin. Will be keeping more protein, chelated magnesium and vitamin D at the gym soon..

Biceps still shot with some delayed onset muscle soreness, but besides that I was amped up to get in the gym today. The beautiful (for DC) weather and the beautiful caffeine helped me out on that one too.

After a quick round of Ido Portal's Scapular mobilisation and shoulder stabilisation I got to it. Here's the video of the WOD:

9Zo_d3qW8is

Not filmed: 3rd set, various bits of the 2nd and bridge walks.

Post workout: 50 g whey protein concentrate, 25 grams glycine, handful of fish oil, few gulps of olive oil and a multi vitamin.

Eddie Stelling

WU: Shoulder dislocates

Crossfit Games Open WOD: Signed up for fun :wink:

10 min AMRAP

30 Double unders

15 power snatchs @ 75 lb

6 rnds

15 min rest and 30g of whey protein

WOD:

3 rnds of each giant set:

15s BL full lay(1), straddle (2) + 6 Tempo Assisted OAC

15s L-sit + 5 Tempo Regular grip Korean HSPU (used a parallette bar close to the wall and had partner assist)

15s FL flat tuck + 6 Tempo Twisting Archups w/ 20 lb medicine ball

Then did a bunch of side plank holds.

*The Korean HSPUs were freakin awesome. I had never done them before. I was nervous about kicking up with reverse grip and couldn't really switch once I was up so I did them regular grip. Had a partner to work with for once on this one and we spotted each other (along with our feet being on the wall) so that we could get all 5 in a row. If you have not tried these, you should, they are cool! Nice work ts00nami!

Coach Sommer

ts00nami,

Nice OAC work 8).

Two items to consider:

1) Keep your body straighter on the MU to BL; you are now strong enough to handle this. There should be no pike in the hips.

2) In keeping with the WOD template, today's pressing element however should have been a HSPU variation.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

John Sapinoso

Coach,

Thanks for the feedback. Will be putting more focus on the muscle up back lever. I'm going to insert it as my embedded entry to BL from now on. As for the HSPU, I had misread my shorthand notes :? ...in hindsight, weighted or strapless bulgarian HSPU would have been ideal.

Patrick Angelo Sardilli

Been Extremely Busy

-zYtOkourRU

A Day Late; Arched on HS Parallettes but first time I do 5 :shock: