FritsMB's video featured on wimp.com

Started by SNOWIS, March 16, 2011 · 12 Replies · 4,225 Views

SNOWIS

I was checking wimp.com for my daily dose of awesome videos when I saw this one (http://wimp.com/manbirthday/) which was titled "A man on his 69th birthday". As soon as it started I realized who it was. I just wanted to share this with the community, as I find it really cool that this was considered worth featuring.

Newguy

WOW! That is sweet, if I am correct that every video on that site gets at least 100,000 view!!!! Once again awesome job fritz

Gavin Strelitz

That is really cool.

FritsMB Mansvelt Beck

Yes, I am experiencing my brief moment of fame in the virtual world. I have no idea, how that happened. Maybe that interview on Ts00nami’s weblog did it (see his post here under Community). More than 75.000 hits on youtube in just a couple of days for a short clip on static BW exercises is quite high, I think. I have enough of an ego to be pretty pleased about the generally nice comments, like: â€Way to go, grandpa. Respectâ€; “Frits for Kingâ€; “The next Jack Lallaneâ€. And then of course the propositions that come with this kind of attention (just kidding). Advertisers have discovered me as well: “You want nice ..... girl?†(I am not kidding); fortunately, that particularly one was only short lived. I have started taking courses in Polish (20.000+ hits), Russian (3000+ hits), Latvian (2000+ hits), and Japanese (2500+ hits). You can imagine that I have had to scale down the time spent on the GB WOD. There is only so many hours in a day. You have to set priorities. Fame comes first.

Michael Traynor

Awesome :)...Legend...enough said :)

Larry Roseman

Brilliant!

Have you received any marriage proposals out of this yet?

Nice musica too.

FritsMB Mansvelt Beck

Well, I did have to tell a couple of interested parties that I was very happily married. So, it did not really come to a proposal. Just imagine, all that just because I can hold an advanced frog stand. Who would have thought that. I can’t wait until my planche is like, say, Ts00nami’s or Yuri’s. On second thought, maybe I don’t really need that. Just take off my shirt to show off my skinny chest.

Aaron Griffin

I first saw the video on Reddit.

Alvaro

Well deserved attention. Now please lead the way!!!

FritsMB Mansvelt Beck

Hi omegant. Wasn’t it coach Lombardi who said “Never change a winning teamâ€. So, with that in mind I think for the time being I will stick with my trusted team: my washer and dryer. Always there to cheer me on.

Alvaro

If you post more videos we´ll be there cheering too! (if your washer and drier allow it of course) I think it will be quite crowded with all that 100.000 visits!

Aaron Griffin
FritsMB said:
Hi omegant. Wasn’t it coach Lombardi who said “Never change a winning teamâ€. So, with that in mind I think for the time being I will stick with my trusted team: my washer and dryer. Always there to cheer me on.

I really liked your "wall assisted" levers. It was a neat idea.

In the video, were you also ceiling assisted on the handstand? If so, that's an amazing idea. I just need something short enough...

FritsMB Mansvelt Beck

In the room that is shown in the video, I can kick up and catch myself with my toes against the ceiling. Doing that, I am pretty much in balance once in a HS, and I only have to pull back my toes from the ceiling to get into a free HS. I found it very effective in learning to stay in a free HS for 30+ seconds, as shown in the video. The wall assisted levers are less effective, because you get too much support from the wall. The progressions described in the BTGB book work better, I think.