Is there a reason why we in wods do the shuttlerun (to get the hart rate over 170 BPM) on pulling days and not in the other wod days?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
The Shuttle Run on pulling days.
Started by Mats Trane, March 15, 2011 · 16 Replies · 117 Views
Mats,
For you and other more advanced seminar graduates, my preference would be for you to perform either ring swings or high bar strap giants in place of the shuttle runs on dynamic pulling days.
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
Ok Thanks Coach,
I will do ringswings when I get access to the gym. I´ll post a video for you guys to critic.
Coach,
When to talk about ring swings; it is swings just in support position only? Can you do swings from the hanging position also?
I'm pretty sure the ones referred to here were hanging swings. Swings in support could be done on dynamic pressing days.
Yes, the swings should be hanging swings. Remember however that the Xtreme Rings would not be suitable for these type of swings as they are strictly for conditioning rings and not technical elements.
In a non-competitive situation, an easy solution for this would be to use some steel play ground rings that are suspended by chains for the swinging part of the workout.
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
This is very interesting!
Can you elaborate on high bar strap giants.
Are simple tap swings on a bar a reasonable place to start?
Are simple tap swings on a bar a reasonable place to start?
Yes, that would be perfect.
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
Mr. Brady, what do you need to know about strap giants?
How do they differ from ordinary giants?
I would assume that Coach means using the wrist straps.
Yeah, it's just using a pair of straps so you can't fall off the bar.
Well, they are way easier than a giant on a regular bar since you are strapped in and don't have to deal with friction and shifting your wrists.
It is not recommendable to work strap bar with people till they have a proficient tap swing. As well, working tap swings and giants in straps actually taxes your grip more than normal since you can swing bigger.
For future reference, how are the straps set up?
Hi Guys
So here comes a video of my rings swings. Please critic and give tips!
To me the front swings looks ok but the back swings are low. What should I think of when I dropping from the top of my front swing?
j0-YT0oTaps
Btw maybe I should have posted this under Digital coaching...
cdx said:Btw maybe I should have posted this under Digital coaching...
As a general rule of thumb, I'd think general elements ought to be fine under Digital Coaching. It's more the seminar-only progressions and routines that's restricted to here--e.g. posting a video working on a back lever vs something that shows the progression sequence taught on Day 1.
Put it there as well