This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 110314

Started by Coach Sommer, March 14, 2011 · 5 Replies · 1,612 Views

Coach Sommer

vTIfss5oF8w

Complete four rounds:

60 sec Shuttle Run

10 – Front Pulls

5 – Wide Grip Pull-ups in L-sit

1 – 15’ Cirque

notes:

1) The Shuttle Run should be performed with an all out effort. The primary focus of the Shuttle Run is to elevate the heart rate over 170 BPM.

2) Perform your shuttle runs in the following fashion; sprint out 5yds & return, sprint out 10 yds & return, sprint out 15 yds & return. Continue in this fashion non-stop for 60 seconds.

3) Move immediately from the Shuttle Run to the Front Pulls. You may adjust the body position as necessary during the Front Pulls. It is not necessary to use the same body position for both the ascent and descent.

4) Focus on full range of motion during the Wide Grip Pull-ups in L-sit. If a normal L-sit is too challenging, adjust the leg position as needed.

5) If you do not have a rope, substitute 10-15 Towel Pull-ups for the Cirque.

6) Do not rest more than 2-3 breaths in between exercises. If you are resting more than this or are unable to achieve the RX'd repetitions, you need to scale down the workout to accommodate your current strength levels.

7) You may rest 2-3 minutes between rounds.

pogo69

Damn, I guessed wrong; and pulling is a weakness. Oh well, I need work at my guessed WOD too... :roll:

AJ Ruffer

First day back in over two months after shoulder injury (aka wow, I've weakened so much)

Prehab/FSP warmup

Ahhhh, puke day!

Four rounds:

60s jump rope (raining outside)

10 Front Pulls (tuck, a bit on the fast side)

5 Wide Grip Pull-ups in L-sit (just regular wide grip pullups)

1 15' Cirque (sub 10 foot support towel pullups)

Jello at the end, and a bit green, I missed these days! =D

Eddie Stelling

WU: Ido's shoulder routines

45min - 1hr of Planche work:

- lots of PL Lean variations

- lots adv. tuck to straddle PL hanging feet from bands (this was very fun and really helped me get a feel for it)

**** I am going mad with the monotony of my PL training. I am getting nowhere with my SSC so I am doing lots of tuck PL variations, PPP variation, PL lean variations, along with keeping my 2x60s adv.frog stand in my SSC. I feel it starting to work.

30 min HS work

WOD:

4 Rounds:

400m run

10 front pulls in adv. tuck

5 wide L-hang pull ups

1 15ft. rope climb (no feet up, negatives on the way down with foot support when I needed it)

FSPs after dinner, wasn't the best quality but got it in.

Reece Nugent

Warm up:

5min row

wrist routine

2X12 shoulder dc

2X5 kipping pullups

2X5 kb swings 16kg

Practice

-front pulls

-l-sit pullups

-towel pullups

Complete four rounds:

60 sec Shuttle Run

10 – Front Pulls in tuck

5 – Wide Grip Pull-ups in L-sit 2 rds l-sit last three were l-sit low

10 towel pullups

:shock: suprised myself doing front pulls, first few i did i was able to hold a fairly straight FL with little pike in the hips and arms locked straight, was bloody awesome!

Towel pulls ups were harder then last time :(, well actually the whole workout in general was harder then last time so struggled through it.

Josh Schmitter

Wrist routine

Ido Shoulder routine(both)

FSP warmup

4 rounds:

60s shuttle

10 body levers(anywhere from adv. tuck to flat tuck)

5 jumping Wide Pulls

10 towel pulls, foot assist(by the end I was feeling this more in my legs as my arms were long gone)

light stretching/cool down

ankle/lower leg prehab

contrast shower

Rough as always strength wise, but I felt my conditioning getting a little better.