My planche training video

Started by David Barclay, March 13, 2011 · 10 Replies · 3,630 Views

David Barclay

Hi there, I wonder if anyone has had a look at the My Planche training video by Luis Sarabia?

http://myplanchetraining.com/

I am certainly interested in what Luis has to say, and also appreciate the good work he has done on his blog.

The price is he asking is very little, and furthermore, it never hurts to put some money back into people who are out there helping us along.

comments?

David

Seiji

I like him and most of his ideas, but I personally wouldn't buy his planche reveal. You can learn literally everything there is to know about the planche on this forum. It's all public knowledge now, so there's no reason to pay for it, in my opinion.

But, I am with you in supporting him. That's part of the reason why I bought Coach Sommer's book :P

Razz
Seiji said:
I like him and most of his ideas, but I personally wouldn't buy his planche reveal. You can learn literally everything there is to know about the planche on this forum. It's all public knowledge now, so there's no reason to pay for it, in my opinion.

But, I am with you in supporting him. That's part of the reason why I bought Coach Sommer's book :P

The planche is much more complex than what you think. If you could learn everything about the planche in this forum, then why is 90% of the forum still doing tucked planches?

Animalonfire

This girl plateaued by being passive http://odeliagold.wordpress.com/2011/02/10/hello-world/

Thought it was pretty interesting.

I'm really looking forward to having solid pre req's for planche training. It was great fun when I went for it before, just not the shoulder pain the following night/morning.

Razz, where (other than a GB seminar)is a good place to geek up on the planche? It's certainly going on my list of things to ask ido this weekend 8)

Eddie Stelling

I bought it and love it! I have been emplementing this before my FSP and GB WOD training. I needed something fresh because I was becoming very stagnant with my planche work. The additional work while maitaining my holds in my FSPs is helping alot. I have seen significant increases in the degree of lean on my PL lean, my tuck PL is getting much easier, and the psuedo planche pushups get easier every day. I am going to finish out his 3 week tutorial, deload a bit, and then go back to my tuck PL and see how it improved. As long as your elbows are ready and you keep up with elbow conditioning, the extra specific work on the front deltoids will help tremendously. If something isn't working you have to try something new. It' only like $10, if you are stuck support him and try it out! He has some cool moves!

AlexX
Razz said:
Seiji said:
I like him and most of his ideas, but I personally wouldn't buy his planche reveal. You can learn literally everything there is to know about the planche on this forum. It's all public knowledge now, so there's no reason to pay for it, in my opinion.

But, I am with you in supporting him. That's part of the reason why I bought Coach Sommer's book :P

The planche is much more complex than what you think. If you could learn everything about the planche in this forum, then why is 90% of the forum still doing tucked planches?

I suspect that this is more due to the fact that a lot of the forumers are new. If for example 90 percent of people were veterans and still unable to do a planche than that would support your hypothesis. But not a lot of people have been training the planche for at least a year.

Razz
AlexX said:
Razz said:
Seiji said:
I like him and most of his ideas, but I personally wouldn't buy his planche reveal. You can learn literally everything there is to know about the planche on this forum. It's all public knowledge now, so there's no reason to pay for it, in my opinion.

But, I am with you in supporting him. That's part of the reason why I bought Coach Sommer's book :P

The planche is much more complex than what you think. If you could learn everything about the planche in this forum, then why is 90% of the forum still doing tucked planches?

I suspect that this is more due to the fact that a lot of the forumers are new. If for example 90 percent of people were veterans and still unable to do a planche than that would support your hypothesis. But not a lot of people have been training the planche for at least a year.

There has been so many posts on people stagnated on frog stand and tuck planche after more than 1 year.

AlexX
Razz said:

There has been so many posts on people stagnated on frog stand and tuck planche after more than 1 year.

Haha I guess I should have looked around first. Are people stalling after a year of planche work? or a year of starting training? If after a year of planche work, stagnating for a year at frog stand is just crazy :shock:

Razz
AlexX said:
Haha I guess I should have looked around first. Are people stalling after a year of planche work? or a year of starting training? If after a year of planche work, stagnating for a year at frog stand is just crazy

Yeah it is crazy, but there are many people having trouble with planches :)

kbryk

Many people will hop right into planche work, not exactly related but the same goes for the common non-experienced gym rat they will go straight to bench press without ever doing a push up.

Although the frog stand is a basic move there should be a basic strength level required. Also what I have noticed is people will work on one skill and neglect a synergistic skill.

There is no book in the world that will tell you how your body reacts to work and how much work YOU have put in. Not to preach but before I trained for gymnastics in highschool I was able to do a handstand and tuck planche, not very well, without ever specifically training for it this was because of dumb bell work along lots of dips and pull ups. There's a reason why you see these park workout guys seamlessly move into more difficult movements like the planche, flag and front lever this is because they have developed that basic but integral strength.

I'm not saying this guy doesn't know what he is talking about, but this forum and many out there are invaluable resources for free.

Razz

Yeah let me add by the way that I have no idea of how Luis Sarabias program is. I merely commented on the fact that the planche is not as simple as people may think :)